Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell Struggling In Camp

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, May 9, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

According to the Oakland Tribune, Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell, continuing to get pretty much equal work along with Garcia and Bruce Gradkowski, spent most of the session throwing too high, too far and too shallow, although to be fair, it’s hard to determine if receivers are always in the right places. It’s also possible Russell is simply trying to be too fine in terms of placement rather than just letting the ball go, much like a pitcher who continually falls behind in the count because he’s shooting for the corners. Russell conceded many of his passes, particularly later in the session, needed some work and that he was happy with his progress.

Source: RotoTimes.com

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

it's just minicamp no reason to make a big deal out of it yet at least he is out there working

3. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

Trade this bastard man!!

4. nastynate184

dude it is freaking mini camp and this will only be his second year starting way too early to give up on him

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

[​IMG]

Don't heck wit it.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jeff Garcia!

7. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Jeffy!!

8. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

Suprise Suprise.... Finally some one to take the Media off Alex Smith in the bay.

Im thinking maybe i should go ahead and copyright my movie title now..

Its a story of epic proportions....... A battle of 2 QBs, Both Busts.......

Alex Smith . .. . .. .. j Marc Russell . . . . . .. . In .. In. In...

The Busts of the Bay!!

Coming to a theatre near you..

All rights reserved c. Fricker 2009

Coming to IMAX 2011

9. nastynate184

how the heck are you going to call him a bust? last year was his first year starting and he showed some potential... he showed more last year then alex smith has ever freaking shone

10. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Nate dont waste your breath these heckers are just freaking hating on the raiders if J-Rock was with the cowgirls or Patriots they would be singing a different tune. But just because he's a raider they are rooting for him to fail J-rock will prove them wrong. Then they will be kissing his butt.

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Russell is going to show his butt this year, quote me.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Done!

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

here's my observations of russell thus far: he definitely has the athletic tools. at times, he seems to be 'on' and 'focused', reads coverages well, and makes good throws. at other times, he can't hit the broad side of a barn for some reason. if 'someone' can make sure he is 'focused' and 'on' all the time, he WILL be a stud in this league. whether that happens this year or not is anybody's guess. they've got to give him 1 more year though. if he fails to become more consistent this season, I have no problem sending him packing.

15. JBrett

JBrett Training Camp Body

Gotta say I just don't see this guy becoming a big time QB. Outside of LSU (or maybe SEC fans), who even knew this guy existed until they blew out Notre Dame? I realize that's not exactly a perfect evaluation tool, since most people had never heard of Matt Cassel in college either, but just my two cents. Arm strength and size only get you so far.

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Russel's biggest need is consistancy of a HC and an OC, if the Crypt Keeper can keep a coach for more than a year and a half then maybe he can develope properly.