Raiders RB Mike Goodson Trying To Bounce Back After Nightmare Debut

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Aug 19, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

When RB Mike Goodson envisioned his Oakland Raiders' debut, it went nothing like the reality of Friday night's nightmare against Arizona. Goodson, who suffered a neck injury early in camp, fumbled twice then left the game with what he described as a stinger. “This is a tough game,†Goodson said after practice Sunday. “Come out, man, first game, you want to do good so bad. I had the fumbles. It just didn't go the way that I wanted, but sometimes it goes that way. You just have to come out, put it all behind you and keep playing.†Goodson injured his neck during practice nearly two weeks ago and was taken via ambulance to a Napa hospital. Although a CT scan and MRI test were negative, he missed the preseason opener Monday against Dallas before returning to face Arizona. “I was kind of hesitant running,†Goodson said. “I really didn't know how I was going to react to the hit, coming off the neck injury. It was a tough deal because when I got hit it kind of shot down my shoulder a little bit.†Goodson, who came to the Raiders from Carolina in a trade, had trouble holding onto the ball with the Panthers. During practice Sunday, Goodson made an obvious effort to secure the ball with both hands when he ran in traffic. “He has to,†Raiders coach Dennis Allen said. “When you have the ball in your hands, when you're charged with the responsibility of the football, you've got to protect it and take care of it. So he's got to do a better job of that, and he understands that.â€

Source: CBS Sports