Rams Agree To Trade Second Overall Pick To Redskins

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by SRW, Mar 9, 2012.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Where's that Skins homer to talk about how great of a trade this was? The Skins really are one of the worst run sports franchises.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think it's hard to say that this is a bad trade off the bat. No one knows how good/average/bad RGIII is going to be. However, it is a crap load to give up for some unproven talent...I wouldn't do it...lol.

3. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

only a fool would think they didnt over pay, yea they will get their man, however they WONT be adding new talent anytime soon after trading it all away... LOL

And i thought two 1st rounders for carson palmer was bad...

4. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

rg3 and the redskins will win a super bowl before the browns or eagles will!

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Its more likley that neither will any time soon but the skins got 4th place down to a science they will just figure out a way to finish that way every year

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

don't be so quick to freak out over what the skins gave up ............ sit down and think about it for a minute.

if it were your team, would you give up Laron Landry, Devin Thomas, Brian Orakpo, and Rocky McIntosh for the opportunity to draft Matthew Stafford (#1 overall pick in 2009)?

Those were the skins first picks for 2006-2009 and the skins are NOT the only football people who think there are 2 legitimate #1 overall players in this year's draft. There are many people that feel RG3 would be a #1 overall in any other draft.

Think about it in those terms (4 top picks where only 1 or 2 panned out) for a franchise QB and it may make a little more sense.

7. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

^no.

But, the good news is, the more stupid trades like this that pop up, the more forgotten our Roy Williams trade is :D

8. CaptainStubing

you wouldn't give up Laron Landry, Devin Thomas, Brian Orakpo, and Rocky McIntosh for Matthew Stafford ......... really ? :scratch:

9. ball in the baskett

thats cause they suck at drafting i wouldent trade out top picks for rg3 maclin jackson mccoy heck that. Plus hes no matt stafford yet

10. CaptainStubing

maybe they're accepting the fact that they suck at drafting and know that they're probably going to waste 3 of their 4 next high picks so if RG3 is the real deal, it's well worth risk ................ how is that stupid?

i know everyone likes bagging on the redskins (it's easy to do) but it's almost impossible to give up too much to get a chance to get a real QB ......... and, let's be very clear, the skins are not the only people that think RG3 has a very good chance of being that guy so if he busts, we will all bag on the skins once again, but we must also bag on all of the other football people out there who are saying this guy has a good chance of doing it.

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Say what you want about the Skins. They swept the Giants this past season. Didn't the Giants win a SB?

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Without Manning, Addai, Clark, etc., what if Luck does the same thing with Indy? I don't think it will happen, but what if?

13. CaptainStubing

the cool part for the Rams is that they were able to load up on picks and blackmon may still be available at #6 if the Browns and Bucs pull their regular dumbass moves and draft positions of running back and cornerback at #4 and #5.

14. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I love this, lol. Bravo Skins!

15. ball in the baskett

You dont just accept the fact just get better at it the draft is always hit or miss. Orakpo was a pretty good pick. You build your team through the draft not these crazy moves the skins are always doing like paying 100 million to haynesworth bringing in mcnabb and now this.

Ok so the eagles beat the giants with vince young does that mean anything not at all. Division teams know eachother well those are close games most of the time and could go either way.

There gonna bring someone in cant see them not having a plan before the season starts

16. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

Wow, WOW O.O, What is Snyder doing?

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Andy has to be the happiest man in the world right now.

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Skins are gonna go nuts in FA now, they got 40 million in Cap

Staring last year with the Eagles, there is gonna be an NFC East Arms racethen next few years, especially once the cap starts to rise

19. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Why would Blackmon be so much smarter of a pick? I'm not sold on him personally, but taking a WR that high is equally risky if not more so. For me he's the third best talent if I'm locked into picking there.

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Blackmon is also very much a need pick. Makes alot of sence for the Rams. He is good value at 6 and fits a dire need. I would say Blackmon is just a shade under Green and Jones, and both were legit top 3 prospects