Rams Agree To Trade Second Overall Pick To Redskins

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by SRW, Mar 9, 2012.

1. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Pretty much sets us up for the future if we break our run of crapty drafting. I'm happy we got very high value, but it'll go to waste if we bust on them.

Happy, but cautiously.

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Jeff Fisher just became the biggest Eagles, Cowboys and Giants fan as well as the rest of the NFL. Plus if the Rams suck next year as the Skins do imagine them having the 1 and 2 picks in the draft? That'd be freaking CRAZY!!!

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

So to recap: Next 3 years Rams have: 6 1st round +4 2nd re picks. Shades of the Cowboys c/o the Herschel Walker Trade...

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

5 firsts

They swapped this year and the next two years they have two

5. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

spoken like a true eagles fan who will never see his team win a superbowl.:icon_cheesygrin:you can go down to dc and see ours whenever you want,or you could go to jersey and see the giants lombardi trophies,but you'll never see one in philly!

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I wouldnt talk too much crap, your team hasnt been championship-relevant in over 2 decades.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Being Danny Snyder. Throwing stuff on the wall and praying it will stick.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Question is if you're the rams, do you use all the picks our trade some for an established star?

Just playing devils advocate.

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

hopefully this trade makes the skins half decent but im not feelin it. I would love to have all 4 teams be competetive in the nfc east makes the season more fun to watch

10. andy82

It depends on how the team progresses (Hard to predict where we will be in 2014, after all this time last year people felt we'd be coming off a winning season), but most likely situation is that we will be needing all those picks because we don't really have anything that resembles a solid core to be able to add vets to (Bradford, Long and Laurinaitis, possibly Quinn if he progresses in Yr2 are the only players that resemble building blocks).

11. Jihad Joe

They have a good front 7. Game by game they arent competive. Not a guarenteed win

They just dont have the talent right now to challenge for a playoff run

I think they could conceivably be a playoff team. Wouldnt bet on it, but they have enough talent that if the bounces went there way they could be 9-7

12. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Now maybe the Skins can get a highlight on sports shows that isn't their dumbass QB sacking himself.

[​IMG]

Highly unlikely they'll stop being the butt of NFL jokes though, especially with this stupid butt trade. But it's okay. They can always dwell on the championship they won decades ago.

13. Jihad Joe

A LT and a WR, either of which you should be able to land at #6 and your offense has a solid foundation

Quinn is a guy you almost have to have had assumed would be a redshirt type after missing his whole last year of skool. Keep in mind, prior to that, he was the favorite to be the #1 overall pick. If he pans out your edge rush will be right there with the best in the NFL which in and of itself helps the entire defense

You guys are lacking at key spots, but you also have alot going for you. Bradford IMO is the key, but thats pretty much Captain Obvious talking

14. Jihad Joe

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The Ferrotte/Shuler contraversy was epic for us Skins haters

Amazing that thats the guy that "won" it

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

What about Tim Couch? Or JaMarcus Russell?

You just pointed out how crapty the Skins are at drafting. And this move just proves that point. And unfortunately for RG3, if their track record holds true, he will amount to little or nothing as well.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Atta boy, ball. Nice post.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wonder if they would have done this deal under the old CBA. That's potentially a whole lot of coin to be paying out if you are the Rams.

18. andy82

Deffo wouldn't have. No way we could have afforded to pay out for the guaranteed top 10 picks for the 2013/2014 drafts gained from this trade.

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

rams can have wallace for that #6 pick rather than taking blackmon :-)

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

if this guy doesnt win multiple lombardi trophies for the skins while laying one golden egg for every season ticket holder it's an epic fail.