Rams C Scott Wells Has Knee Surgery

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by Sweets, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Rams center Scott Wells had knee surgery earlier this month, an arthroscopic procedure to repair torn cartilage, Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Wells suffered the injury in his first practice back with the Rams after returning in November from foot surgery. Wells, a Pro Bowler a year ago as a Green Bay Packer, played through the pain in starting the Rams’ final six games of the regular season.

The surgery was to the same knee (the right knee) that required surgery last spring during the Rams’ practice sessions. After recovering from that initial knee operation, Wells suffered a fractured foot in the season opener against Detroit, sidelining him for nine games.

“It’s been a frustrating year for me,†Wells said at the end of the season. “This is the first time I’ve had to deal with an injury that has limited my availability. I don’t think I’ve missed more than two games up to this point in my career due to injuries.

“So, a frustrating year for me with the knee, then the foot, then the knee. But I was able to push through the knee at the end and the foot’s fine. I look forward to an offseason to get healthy. It’s the same knee and it’s just years of abuse playing and it’s just kind of fouled up.â€

Source: The Redzone

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A lost year for Wells after he got hurt in Green Bay. Hopefully he can come to camp ready to go. I like the direction this team is going, and they made investment in him being a cornerstone.