Rams, QB Nick Foles Agree To A Two-Year Extension

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 7, 2015.

1. BigBlueBruiser

BigBlueBruiser Starter

New St. Louis Rams quarterback Nick Foles has no cause for worry about his contract status beyond the 2015 season after the team announced it had reached a two-year extension with him.

Foles, a four-year veteran acquired from the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for former No. 1 overall pick Sam Bradford on March 10, is now signed through the 2017 season.

Foles, an Arizona Wildcats product, excelled in 2013, when he piled up 27 touchdown passes against just two interceptions for the Eagles.

As the Eagles' starter the past two seasons, Foles had a 14-4 record and led the team to an NFC East title in 2013. He made only eight starts last season because of an injury.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-two-year-extension-st-louis-rams-2017-season

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I hope he does well, but not nearly as well as Bradford.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

What's the Over/Under for the number of games Bradford can stay healthy?

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Rags?

5. DawkinsINT

Greater than McFadden in preseason.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  6. ragman

Yes, Steve?

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Just by the fact that Bradford will probably rip some ligament tripping over a leaf and therefor not play, Foles should have a better year.

8. DawkinsINT

Clever.

9. ragman

I've always thought that Kelly was an idiot for trading for Bradford in the first place given his injury history and contract.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I can't believe it's really you. I thought we'd never see you again.

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Technically you can't see him. :)

12. ragman

In my last post before I left here, I said that I MAY come back once the NFL started back up again.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

why ? it's not like foles was some kind of ironman. plus Bradford's contract isn't an issue at all.

14. ragman

I could be wrong, but I think Kelly envisioned getting Bradford, then trying to trade him in an effort to move up to take Mariota.

If I were Kelly, I wouldn't have touched Bradford, given the fact that he's only played 7 games in the last 2 years.

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

McFadden wont even see Preseason.

Wouldnt be shocked if he gets beat by Gus Johnson

16. Jihad Joe

Darren McFadden is my official measuring stick of how irrational of a homer a Cowboys fan in.

Predicting less the 200 yards: Rational

200-600 : Overally optimistic

600- 1000: Your an official homer

1,000- 1,500 your under 13 years old

1,500 + I have no words for you

You may laugh, but I have seen people predict that

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. ragman

Well, you won't see McFadden Thursday night against SD. Dunbar and Randle are also nicked up. Looks like Gus Johnson on Thursday along with Sistrunk.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hear you on the reservations over bradford. i have the same ones. now, maybe he did make the move to try and get mariota, maybe he didn't. either way I 'm on the fence with the trade, but after hearing reports (that foles pretty much said were true) that he couldn't deal with criticism on any level and that he clashed with his qb's coach and I wouldn't be surprised if he had issues with Kelly as well.

all that said the eagles weren't going to win with the roster they had in Kelly's view and he's made tons of moves to mold the team as he sees fit. I don't agree with some of the moves but chip isn't going anywhere soon so I'm gonna let everything unfold.

19. Jihad Joe

From what ive heard, even before Randle got nicked up, Garrett was going to sit him and mostof the starters

20. ragman

I know that hindsight is 20/20, but the Boykin trade doesn't look like a good decision on his part with the injury to Shepherd.