Rams, QB Nick Foles Agree To A Two-Year Extension

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Yeah. The starters may play a series. If that.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think the Boykin trade looks real good right now...

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

it surely doesn't. not sure why he needed to traded that early. got through a week of camp first, see what you got. I have no doubt that 5th/4th rounder would still be there in Pittsburgh.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

he's a good little cb, always a fan of his. now while most of his time was spent inside defending smaller wr's I think he can play outside against bigger guys. there may be games against some of better big wr's where he gets torched but I think he can be a consistent player overall.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Boykin had a better year in 2013 vs last year. 6 INTs in 2013, but only 1 in 2014.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

With the way the Steelers CB situation was, they need some consistency. If Corte Allen can show up again, their backend of the D is going to be much much much better than 2014.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

its not all about INTs. still it does make one wonder, why couldn't he get in the games over fletcher ?

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ive always seen him as a slot guy. Its an underrated spot on a defense now with more 3 and 4 WR sets. In fact many teams use there best CB to cover the slot in Nickle amd Dime

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

very true, its pretty much a starting position now although the player doesn't see it in his contract and that's part of what his issue was. he wants to be viewed as a top CB overall and he is going to try and demand that type of coin when negotiating his new deal. Kelly doesn't like small CB's period so all of those factors lead to him trading boykin now to get "something".