Rate My Team

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by uly5535, Aug 30, 2014.

1. uly5535

uly5535 Comback Kid Joe Cool Premium Member

• League size -12 team
    • Scoring - use the following format: 1 PPR, 1 point per 10 yards rushing, 1 point per 10 yards receiving, 6 points per TD rushing and receiving, 1 point per 20 yards passing and 4 points per passing TD
    • Roster settings - use the following format: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 KICKER, 1 TMDEF - If you

ARod (1st Pick)
    S Vereen
    Joique Bell
    Julio Jones (2nd Pick)
    K Allen (3rd Pick)
    D Pitta
    Bishop Sankey
    Bucs D
    N Freeze K

Bench
    L Miller
    DeAndre Hopkins
    B Pierce
    J Stewart
    Ladarius Green
    Andre Williams
    Marquise Lee
    Josh Gordon 15ht Pick)

BTW this is a 2 player Keeper/Dynasty League. Get to Keep Guys From round 4 and Up for next year.

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

You made out surprisingly well since Rodgers was your first pick. You have some guys on your bench that have major upside.

I'll give it an A-, higher if Sankey actually pans out.

3. uly5535

Greg,

So you would have not gone AROD with first pick? according to the scoring with my FKH Cheat Sheet, he was favored especially since he has one of the easiest schedules for the year. I was debating going Top WR back to back. I forgot to mentioned I had the 10th pick in the draft. Here are guys that were still on board Graham, Dez, Marshall, Murray, AJ, Brees, Foster, Martin, Stacy, Gio, M Ball. Thanks Greg. I still have one more draft so I would like to know your thoughts.

4. Greg Brosh

Every cheat sheet you make, quarterbacks will be the top ranked simply because they will score more projected points. SOS is crucial, but "me myself" don't pay that much attention because defenses can change from year to year. Look at the 49ers D. They were expected to be huge, now their decimated due to Smith being suspended.

I would have went Ball myself. Ball, Jones, Allen. That's a great start. But like I said, you lucked out by getting other players later and then Rodgers first.

5. uly5535

Great input, by the looks of it you seem to wait on QB, which has always been my strategy as well, I did change it up this year by going AROD. Just curious which QB's are you targeting the most this year, who do you see finishing in the top 5, have the best upside and at a great value. Thanks Greg.

6. Greg Brosh

I changed my 10 team league strategy last night. I had the No. 2 pick and went with Charles with the first pick and Brees in the 2nd. I never usually go high on quarterback, especially in the 2nd round, but I wanted to try something new.

Our league rewards .5 PPR points and only 3 points per TD. QBs get 4 points per TD, backs get 6. The last few years the first two round have been dominated by backs. This year they were dominated by a few running backs, but mostly receivers.

Just shows you how far backs have fallen from the beginning of the offseason.

7. uly5535

Greg,

Your scoring is only 3 points per receiving TD's? if so why would receivers be so valuable in the first two rounds. I would say backs hold most value if that is the case.

8. Greg Brosh

I don't know to be honest. You would think that would be the case, but owners in that league prefer guys you know will get triple digit catches and double digit touchdowns over shaky backs like Stacy, etc.

Top 5 was the usual McCoy, Charles, Forte, AP and Lacy. Past that it was anyone's game.

9. uly5535

Oh ok. Say your scoring league was more standard with PPR 1 pt option on a 10 team league. Which QB's would you target besides the top 3.

10. Greg Brosh

I have Rivers as my QB2, but he could just as easily be a QB1. Stafford, Ryan and and Brady are still quality guys to start. Foles is another guy. Then Romo and Cutler are on the cusp of QB1.

11. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

it's the best QB first team I have seen. Impressed you got two top 15 ranked WR's. It was similar to the upside down draft it appears. The 5points per 100 yard is a bonus. A 300 yard game without a td is 15 points. Add in one TD and your getting close to the 20 point game you want out of your QB spot.

12. uly5535

Great Advise from both of you, not sure what QB approach I will be taking tomorrow, it really all depends on my draft position. If I get a early pick I will go RB and try and get a top 3 QB with 2nd pick. if its a late pick, might just go RB/WR or best of, then try to get a 2nd tier guy like Luck or Staffy with later picks.