Ravens FB Le'Ron McClain Doesn't Expect To Re-Sign With Ravens

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by ravenfan52, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

As an unrestricted free agent, fullback Le'Ron McClain will have the opportunity to test the market and sign with another team. And that seems like what he's interested in doing. The two-time Pro Bowler said today that he doesn't expect to return to the Ravens next season. "From the looks of it, I really don't know," McClain said today as he cleaned out his locker at the team's headquarters. "It's up to the Ravens organization, whatever they decide. But I doubt it, though. I doubt it." McClain was asked why he feels like he won't be back. "I mean, I feel like if I was, I feel like I probably would've been used a little bit more than what I was this season, these past two years," McClain said. "But it is what it is. I'm over that now. Four great years in Baltimore and now I'm just looking forward to the future, whatever the future holds. That's all I can control." McClain was the Ravens' leading rusher in 2008, getting 232 carries for 902 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Source: Dan Kolko, MASNSports.com

2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I really hope we make resigning this guy a priority - he's an asset as a ballcarrier and a blocker.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

They don't give him near enough carries.

4. Come to New York L-Train.....:peace:

With Jacobs' future uncertain.....he could be a perfect power back for Ahmad Bradshaw.

5. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Mcgahee is set to make 6 million this season which means he wont be back most likely. I could see him back as the FB/2nd HB and we bring in a 2nd FB.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I just remember when McClain was the featured back 2-3 seasons ago how effective he was against the Steelers. He has a no non-sense style of running, just hit the hole like a bowling ball and take what the defense gives him. He can be successful somewhere else is Baltimore doesn't want to give him the carrier he's looking for.

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Exactly, he gave an attitude to the offense, im hoping he's back in the scenerio i mentioned above