Ravens FB Vonta Leach, OG Marshal Yanda Feeling Better

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Jan 2, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ravens Pro Bowl fullback Vonta Leach expressed relief that he didn't suffer a major injury against the Cincinnati Bengals when safety Chris Crocker struck him in the leg on a tackle during a 23-17 loss Sunday.

Leach left the game and didn't return after mildly aggravating his sprained right ankle and bruising his lower leg. Today, Leach wasn't limping or favoring the leg at all.

"I'm glad it wasn't too serious," Leach said today in the Ravens' locker room. "He hit me in the leg. I got to protect myself better. He hit me low. It was a good hit, but I'll be all right. I feel pretty good."

Meanwhile, Ravens Pro Bowl offensive guard Marshal Yanda was rested against the Bengals due to knee, shoulder and ankle injuries.

Yanda said that being given a week off can provide a major boost to the health of a player at this stage of the season heading into an opening-round playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium.

"I feel pretty good," Yanda said. "It can be significant. It depends on the injury and how the body is feeling. It can go both ways. Rest at this point of the season is nice. To have guys that are nicked up, banged up and some dealing with severe injuries, it definitely helps."

Source: Baltimore Sun