Ravens Vs Patriots (AFC Championship Gameday Thread)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 15, 2012.

?

Who will win the AFC Championship?

1. New England Patriots

64.7%
  2. Baltimore Ravens

35.3%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The New England Patriots (14-3) host the Baltimore Ravens (13-4) at Gillette Stadium on Sunday 01/22/2012

Kickoff time is 3:00 pm EST (CBS)

Discuss….​

2. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

they already have the ravens at 7.5 underdogs... not a problem

2009 season: Jan. 10, 2010 Baltimore defeared New England 33-14 in the AFC Wild Card game

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

That won't happen again. The Pats are really out to prove something this postseason.

5. Patriots by 9................

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i have felt since before the playoffs started that if these 2 teams met in the afccg that the ravens would win but based upon how both teams looked this weekend, it's hard for me to stick with that pick.

the patriots defense almost looked like they 'flipped a switch' for the playoffs, similar to how the 2006 colts team did in the playoffs. After playing terribly in the regular season, they just turned it on for the playoffs.

IF the Pats defense has been saving it up for the playoffs and can continue to play like they did last night, I'm having a hard time envisioning anyone beating them. That's a big if though .......

7. Steve12

The Pats defense is healthy for pretty much the first time all year. Chung was out for big chunk of the season and he's the best player in the secondary.

Having said that, I don't want to look too far into yesterdays performance. The Broncos were forced to drop back and throw the entire game because they were so far behind, and they're not built to pass protect like that. But if the Patriots can jump out to an early lead again I see it going a lot like yesterday.

8. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

The Pats aren't going to leave points on the field. Brady isn't a third string QB.

Pats are going to win this one 27-17

9. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I have been going back and forth in my head on this game since the playoffs started. I knew it would probably come down to these two teams and its hard to pick. I feel like the Ravens are too inconsistent so I picked the Patriots but I don't know.

Anyways my best guess Patriots 34 to 26

10. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

going with the pats

11. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

This should be a good game. I think it will be like the 2010 regular season game between the 2 teams.

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I don't see how the Ravens can hang offensively with the Patriots. Pats win.

13. Steve12

Their only hope is the defense. In this case, a good defense really is the best offense. If the Ravens get consistent pressure on Brady, it's game over. That's the proven formula to beat Brady. He hates pressure, maybe more than any other QB.

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, weren't many saying the same thing about the saints v niners and the packers v giants ................ if this weekend taught us anything, it's that you have to have SOME sort of defensive presence to get a few stops and create a few turnovers regardless of how awesome your offense might be ............

for me, this game has NOTHING to do with the Pats offense unless they fall apart like the Packers offense did yesterday. This game has WAY more to do with what the Pats defense looks like.

We KNOW the Ravens can play defense but we also know that if the Pats offense is clicking, they WILL find a way to put 30 points on the board (see Saints v Niners) ........... however, the Ravens d is good enuf to get 'some' stops and/or turnovers against even the best offense ..........

therefore, the game will then be decided by how many points the ravens can put on the board. if the pats defense plays like they did in the regular season, the ravens will outscore them. if the pats defense has flipped a switch for the playoffs, then the pats will outscore the ravens.

15. ragman

Do you think that the Ravens can stop NE's big TE's?

16. Steve12

I think if the Ravens get in Brady's face he won't feel comfortable enough to get the ball to Gronk. That's why the Giants always play the Pats so tough. Their pass rush is more than the Patriots Oline can handle so Brady never has time to pick apart the secondary. If you get pressure on Brady the whole offense falls apart. They've done a good job this year of limiting that, but that Ravens defense is really good so we'll just have to wait and see.

17. ragman

If NE wins another SB, it will put to rest the argument that old (over the age of 30) QBs can't win SBs. Brady will be 35 in August.

18. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

19. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

No Ed Reed and Flacco is Flacco... Pats 34- 24

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Pats...at least two scores.