Ravens Vs Steelers

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Jan 9, 2011.

?

Who will win this game?

Poll closed Jan 17, 2011.
  1. Ravens

41.7%
  2. Steelers

58.3%
  1. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I haven't said it yet but Congrats to the Steelers and their fans - I hope we get a chance at redemption next year but whether we do or not I'ma get drunk tonight.

Good win for ya'll.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hard fought game...I'm sure they'll meet again...we'll all look forward to it...

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm not sure what the hell the steelers were doing in the 1st half, but they finally got it together.

polamalu was a non-factor and the steelers offense had to carry them tonight.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

This

5. CaptainStubing

btw, i just saw these quotes and you can both blow me. oh, YES, the ravens and steelers are the only teams that know how to play football the RIGHT way in this league................. stfu

the ONLY reason this match-up was intriguing to TRUE football fans is because both teams are very good. if both of these teams were 4-12 but still played 'their' brand of football and you still thought it was the best brand of football out there, then you don't know crap about the game.

In fact, teams like the steelers/ravens/patriots/jets/titans/raiders that use childish tactics make them quite unlikable to neutral fans. when those teams suck/don't win, then they just look like idiots. the fights, trash-talking, head-bobbing, blatant helmet to helmet hits just to injure someone, and excessive celebrating are actually NOT considered the BEST brand of football out there by many ....................

............ thanks for your opinion but i'll be the judge of what is 'good' football and what is not......... some of us know enough about the game that we don't need the WWF man-drama aspect of the game to appreciate it.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_rolleyes:

you finished whining?

Like I said, Steelers/Ravens. Quality football...

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

their ast 6 or so gams have been unbelievable, and some of the most crazy physical games i can remember.

like they said, quality football game to watch if you like the sport

8. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

congrats steelers fans

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm 2-0 in my picks so far this weekend, I got Bears and Patriots tomorrow.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Captian you had better cool it with the personal attacks or you will be carded. I have no clue what your deal is but take it up in the proper forum.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Just curious....what in his rant was a "personal attack" to you?

Congrats SteAlers fans for keeping the tradition alive.

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah they totally stOle it

13. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

Of what?? Beating the Ravens and Division in the Playoffs? Or making it farther than the Eagles?

Yep, we stole the ball from Ray Rice once and Joe Sacco twice. Great game.

have to say the ravens' fans in attendance were great. All of the ones I talked with were respectful before and after the game. What a great game and great rivalry. I am sure they are already circling the first game next year between the 2 teams.

14. CaptainStubing

no one is questioning that both of these teams play very 'physical' brands of football .......... they like to hold ball carriers up so one of their teammates can come in for a 'finishing' blow, hopefully to injure ............. they both like to intimidate by not just 'tackling', but by inflicting as much pain as possible ...........

what i'm saying is that there are players/teams that can be just as effective without the 'bullying' tactics and and to say that 'if you don't like this brand of football then you don't know the sport' is not only presumptuous but ignorant .............. many teams have won super bowls without doing the things the steelers and ravens do and the steelers/ravens are very susceptible to losing games BECAUSE of their overaggresiveness. When they get matched up against teams that are just as smart and talented (say, the Patriots/Colts depedning on the year) and know how the ravens/steelers are susceptible because of their overaggressiveness, they can exploit it. And, personally for me, I watch football to see which team can not ONLY be physical, but can be smarter and execute.

If I just want to watch people beat the crap out of each other, i watch MMA. When I watch football, i want to watch a team be physical but I also want to see them play smart and execute and many times I watch the Steelers and Ravens and I can't say they're necessarily playing very smart. In fact, yesterday's game was quite sloppy in many respects and there are many teams in this league that would have beaten either one of them with the way they played.