RB LaDainian Tomlinson Considered Continuing Career With Broncos

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by Sweets, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

LaDainian Tomlinson acknowledged there was one team he considered playing for in 2012 and that was the Denver Broncos according to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune. It wasn’t the Chargers. And, no, not even a call from Bill Belichick would have kept LT in the NFL. “The only team I really gave a thought to was the Broncos, because of Peyton,†Tomlinson said Saturday, referring, of course, to Denver’s signing of quarterback Peyton Manning. “We talked. Tom (Condon, Tomlinson’s agent) talked with them ... It made me pause a little (and think), ‘Was this what I really want to do?’ … I said, ‘They got Peyton, they have a good defense already; they went deep in the playoffs with Tim Tebow, what are they going to do with Peyton?’ I seriously thought about it.†Tomlinson also said Saturday that while he did not regret his time in New York and, in retrospect, was even glad to have had the experience of playing for a different franchise, he would have preferred to walk away on top with the team with which he'd always envisioned doing so . “If we would have won the Super Bowl after nine years,†he said, “I would have retired a Charger. Then I wouldn’t even have gone to New York.â€

Source: The Redzone