Redskins Ripping Out Seats To Install Party Deck At FedEx Field

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Jun 5, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Washington Redskins have taken out about nine sections of seats in the upper level of FedEx Field to be replaced with a party deck. Team spokesman Tony Wyllie said that the Redskins will make an announcement “very soonâ€￾ about what will become of the ripped-out sections, but was otherwise mum. “All of the details will be released at that time,â€￾ Wyllie said. This year’s alleged party deck installation would be a far more ominous sign, since it involves removing upper deck end zone seats, which are general admission seats and the cheapest non-obstructed view seats in the stadium. General admission seats also count when factoring in the NFL’s Blackout Rule, a loosely enforced edict that says games that aren’t sold out will not be televised in the home team’s market. Standing-room-only tickets, including those for party decks, do not apply.

Source: The Redzone

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Trying to keep up with the Joneses

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

3. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

The party deck at RJS, is the spot to go for the yougin's who don't give a damn about what's going on in the game. They are just looking to find a wench to take home. Still not a bad idea though. Lotsa beer sales down there.

5. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

This is a money move pure and simple

6. HailttRedskins

How in the hell is this is 'money move?' Snyder took out a good 2,000 club level seats last year, which require contracts of 5+ years and go for about $300 if not more a seat per game. Now he's removing 10,000 UL seats which go for $44 and $64 a seat per game, all to replace them with a standing room only which sells from $20-$30.

If anything that's a 'money loss move' which apparently Snyder never does. Snyder has changed, a lot, don't know how much longer it's going to take people to understand. Wanted HD screen, we got it. Wanted new coaching and GM, we got it. Wanted Fedex Field to be more attractive, we're getting it.

Now we just have to wait for Shanahan and Allen to get this thing rolling.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  7. smeags

smeags militant geek

it aint gonna roll with shanny.

8. HailttRedskins

Has a better chance to than the Eagles do with Reid.

9. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Well I'm not sure if its a money move or not but all that money will be made up so they will be making at least the same amount of money. The people at the party decks go there to party not watch football. That means lots of beer sales, and food sales which are overpriced at football stadiums which means they will be making the same if not more than they would with the old seats because the people on the party decks are more likely to buy alcohol.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not when they slap a sponsors name onto the "party deck.". It will be guaranteed money plus ticket sales on top.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

i'm not a reid fan but c'mon bro.

12. HailttRedskins

True, but those same people would have been buying beer in their seats. Season tickets or buying a $44-$300 ticket on top of that would make more money. Either way, Jack Kent Cooke had party decks installed till Snyder renovated the stadium.

So Cooke was all about money too right? *goes to hell for speaking wrongly about the Great Cooke* LMFAO.

I doubt they'll slap any on, being the current ones don't even have them.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Eagles have a Miller Lite sponsored Phlite Deck and there is a Budweiser party deck too that is relatively new.

In these stadiums and arenas, they'll sell anything down to the steps and cupholders.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  14. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I know people would be buying beer in their seats too but I feel like the people going to the "party" deck are more likely to buy even more beer.

Also Ward is right, it will get sold to some company. Most likely a beer company so they can slap their name on it and pay billions to do it.

15. HailttRedskins

My guess would be Bud Light then, who pretty much is the Redskins main supporter. They seem to have it on everything else in that stadium.

It would make sense, I just haven't seen any on the club level ones, but maybe being the CL aren't general admission they don't need them? IDK. More money would make sense.

I see what you are saying, but there isn't much to do with the party deck in the UL. At least in the club level you can go inside and watch TV and other things. UL there's nothing up there.

To each their own though, I never buy beer in the stadium, just do everything tailgating. Might buy a water on a hot day, but otherwise I do nothing.

16. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Don't think it's been mentioned but, what this will do is a get non-football fans to attend the games when they otherwise would prolly just go to a bar. Also it gets the jerkoffs who don't pay attention to the game, and run their mouths to the point where some does some dental work on them out of the stands. Which IMO makes the fan experience better for the true fan also.

And let's be honest is Synder going to change ANYTHING that will cost him or lose him money in the long run?

17. HailttRedskins

Snyder does a lot of things that cost him money lol. I don't understand why people say that stuff all the time. Removal of Club Level seats for Standing Room Only, removal of about 10,000 seats in the UL for another Standing Room Only.

Gives always numerous amounts of tickets for free to the military, welfare, etc. Allowed his plane to be used for Hurricane Katrina, for players to get their families back home for a funeral. Resurfaced 15 area fields for kids.

The list goes on, he does a lot more than people give him credit for.

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Dude all those things you just listed are TAX DEDUCTIONS....... Unlike ripping out seats to put a party deck in. Think about it.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

The other thing about these party deck seats is it's 100% revenue in Snyder's pockets. The total "seat count," the NFL takes a share of that revenue. Any tickets sold in this area goes straight into Snyder's pockets...just like the premium seats do. Plus it's less seats to sell out the stadium and anyone that wants to sit down will probably buy a more expensive seat instead of being up there with the riff-raff.

Snyder's winning with this decision...

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

excellent point.

but i will say that i don't think snyder is any worse then most nfl owners when it comes to greed.

his biggest issue by far since owning the team was playing fantasy football with the roster.