Redskins WR Leonard Hankerson Returns To Practice With Confidence

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Jul 29, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

After an offseason that featured a setback in rehab and surgery in February, Leonard Hankerson finally has returned, and is competing for a key role in Washington’s offense. Held out of organized training activities and minicamp to ensure he had fully healed, the past three days of training camp practices have represented Hankerson’s first full-speed football activity in eight months. After a slow start on Thursday, Hankerson had a strong practice on Friday, making four impressive catches from quarterback Robert Griffin III. The 6-foot-2, 211-pound Hankerson says this training camp is “totally different from last year. I know what [coaches] are expecting now. … I know what I need to do. I’m more confident in the playbook.†And in turn, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said that his confidence in Hankerson — both mentally and physically — is high. “I feel really good about Hankerson,†Shanahan said. “I’ve been with those hips before, and you just don’t know about the hips. It really didn’t look like there were any setbacks today whatsoever. He’s been going full speed for the last couple weeks, and knock on wood, he can stay healthy and keep on getting better.â€

Source: Washington Post