Rep you've given out....

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think the rep system should be modified, if possible. I also do not give out rep unless it is deserved, and IMO theres only a handful of people who ever deserve it. The problem is that they usually deserve it regularly, but I can't hook them up.

3. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

I've given it to people I don't even really think deserved it just so I can make room to give it to somebody else so yeah, good point.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The problem is if that they allow lesser than 10 to rep someone, the rep tramps will just tally rep after rep making the system even worse.

People who rep tramp have destroyed what it should be about. Rep means nothing because of them. If a newbie comes here and sees a jackass post from someone who only has high rep because of whoring, it makes the site look bad.

I started this thread because I wanted to know when I can rep people again who deserve it. Now I'm starting to think that perhaps we should just abandon it.

It means nothing because of the way some have used it. We all know who here make quality posts and rep was a great idea of giving them a pat on the back for your appreciation of it, but members of the board have made it meaningless.

Let's toss it aside.

5. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

Bah, we get to touchy/feely sometimes. Next thing you know we will offend somebody with a smiley and lose those.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

OMG, you guys are over thinking this crap..the rep feature is for fun, just have fun...we give you these tools to make it fun and you guys are overthinking it...I give up...

7. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

Not me, Dawk :wink:

8. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Charger Fan in The UK

I'm fine with it the way it now is:D

9. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I'd rep that post but I gotta spread some around before I give you some again...:mad:

10. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I second that.

In France we say "le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
    It means that sometimes, when you want to do "too much" to upgrade something, you make things worse.

11. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Thanks for that.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Just so everyone knows.....there is no way to reset the whole reputation system cleanly that I can find to "start over" and have it done right. I did however set it up where positive rep is worth more than negative rep because of some abuse to the rep system.

13. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

lol... if that's because of me I only did it because to be fair... he's a rep tramp.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

DoubleC, maybe you're missing what I meant...we gave our members the rep system as a fun feature not one to be taken seriously, esp. on this site where we all love our football but we enjoy other subjects as well, I honestly don't think anyone will look at someones rep and say "wow, that person has a lot of rep, they must be the smartest football fan in here" you will never find a rep system that only works on serious subjects, it's subjective and totally up to the sender on why they are giving rep points to certain individuals.

Around here you learn very quickly who the knowledgable posters are and who the occasional fun loving ones are.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

What about Walnuts, he's both?

16. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

More like the one people want to forget about. :icon_lol:

17. NinerCapHell

NinerCapHell Pretty fuckin' random

Like that Lites guy, forget him.

18. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Ok, no problem.