Richmond QB Aaron Corp Among Undrafted Free Agents Signing With Bills

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by SRW, Apr 29, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Many fans hoped that the Bills would take a quarterback in this weekend's draft. While they didn't spend any picks on one, they will have a new passer on the roster heading into camp. Aaron Corp from the University of Richmond has reportedly signed a free agent contract with Buffalo. Various outlets have reported other undrafted free agent signings for the Bills: Colorado State offensive tackle Paul Madsen, Missouri State running back Chris Douglas, Penn State safety Nick Sukay and Stanford safety Delano Howell. The Bills say they can sign 11 undrafted free agents in total.

Source: WGR 550 Radio

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
  2. #3 QB job already sewn up. Good deal for Corp.

3. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

He is a bum and so is Thigpen. Hopefully we sign Vince Young to backup Fitz.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Thigpen > Young

And Thigpens scrub
    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

This.

7. buffalobillsfan1

Buddy Nix was talking about bringing in a guy he really likes. I sure as hell hope it was not Aaron Corp. I think it is going to be a veteran FA. I hope it is Young. He is a headcase but does have playoff exp.

8. andy82

What leads you to believe that Aaron Corp is going to be any different from any other UDFA's? There's little invested in him and I strongly doubt he is their Plan A at the position.

However, he offers way more value as a backup than Vince Young does. There's a lot more to being a backup than being the guy to come in if Fitz get's hurt, and Young has zero intangible qualities that a backup QB needs to have. There's a reason why guys like JaMarcus Russell went straight out of the league, yet Todd Collins did 16 years.

9. buffalobillsfan1

Vince Young has a 31-19 record as a starter. A 2 time pro bowler and rookie of the year award winner. To say Aaron Corp is a better option than him is flat out ridiculous.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

the only other guy to ever talk vince young up like this around here was k-train.

young's record is as inflated win wise as tebow's.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

oh and mcnabb went to 5 nfcc games and one super bowl putting up stats that young couldnt have a wet dream over.

still doesnt mean he's a better option at this point.

12. buffalobillsfan1

McNabb is old. Anyone would take him over Corp as well. Vince Young is only 28.

13. andy82

Vince Young was the original Tebow, his record was almost completely attributed to the stellar play of his defence and a reliable running game. Look at his passing stats: 74.4QBR, 46-51 TD-INT ratio, passed a lowing 2,500 season passing yards once. That is awful.

The pro bowl appearance, which itself is a completely invalid and unreliable method of measuring a players performance, came from his media popularity and coverage at that point in time, and even then it came from multiple QB's ahead of him pulling out.

And Rookie of the Year came from a very poor performances from that class, and just for further backup, he had a 66.7QBR, that's just 1.3 more than 2011 Blaine Gabbert!

Even the record thing is invalid. There are 46 active players who all contribute to the performance of the team, not just the QB. Obviously they have a large responsibility, then so does the other 21 starters on the field. Heck, Kyle Orton had a winning record in Chicago, and he was incredibly mediocre.

You need to look further than "OMGZ HE'S GOOD". Does Vince Young provide a better option on the field than Aaron Corp? Yes he probably does, but as a backup who is there to help the starting QB and the offence, whilst contributing knowledge and other leadership qualities, Vince doesn't have that. No work ethic, very irratic and unstable as a person in addition makes him very unattractive as a backup option, and that is why he's on the market when the McCown brothers still have contracts.

14. I would say he is worse than Tebow. Tebow at least wins games in the 4th quarter making big plays. VY never did so.

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yea bring McNabb in as your 3rd qb instead of actually taking a chance and trying to develop a young guy who could end up being a franchise quarterback. You never know when you might find a gem.

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Also, just because Vince Young says your the Dream Team, it doesnt mean you are

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Tebow > Corp > McNabb = Young = Bad.

What's it say when QBs (veteran ones) that haven't taken a snap or even been on a roster in 2011 are being signed before a "quality backup" like Young.

18. buffalobillsfan1

I never said bring in McNabb, I said Young. If you think Corp can be a franchise QB, send me whatever your smokin.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

well pass me the syringe you're using because young has proven beyond a doubt he isn't worth a crap. as pointed his numbers are phoney. he freaking quit on his 1st team for chirst sakes ... then sucked more than a bukkake pourn star last year for the eagles when he had 3xs the weapons he had with the titans.

also you missed the point on mcnabb which was eventhough he is pretty much washed up he would be a thousand times better than young.

bottom line is everyone in the nfl knows what you get with young - crap.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  20. buffalobillsfan1

Vince Young is a better back-up than Thigpen or Corp. Agree to disagree.