Russell Or Culpepper?

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by WC Jerome, Mar 29, 2008.

?

Who should start at QB?

1. Russell

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Culpepper

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. someone else

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Are the Raiders stick with the aging present or move on to the future? It's bad enough that they don't have much of an identity these days. What makes it worse is that it doesn't seem like they have any idea which direction they want to go with QB situation. Who will it be?

2. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I don't know which way they will go but it would be stupid not to go with Russell. They have a lot invested in him and hes already had the est part of a year to learn so he should be starting now and Culpepper has shown nothing recently.

3. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Their offence isn't going anywhere fast no matter who is at the QB position, so I think it'd be best for the franchise to go with the guy they spent so much money on - JaMarcus Russell. This year should be about rebuilding the offence totally, and getting Russell sorted as their guy. The rest will then come the season after, that's when they can make a push in the AFC West.

However, I prefer Culpepper as we all know what he is capable off, whereas we've yet to see what Russell is all about in the NFL yet.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Russell. They aren't going to be a contender and they need to find out what he has.

5. WC Jerome

If Russell is the answer, then they need to figure out what they are gonna do with Culpepper. I'm pretty sure he doesn't wanna just ride the bench all season long.

6. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I don't think he really has much chance of starting anywhere right now. Even the teams wth questions at QB seem to be comitted to their current guys or on getting someone in the draft.

7. WC Jerome

I'm sure there is some team out there that would be willing to take a chance on him. I know he's no spring chicken, but I think he still has a few good years left in him.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

They have to go Russell with all the money they are paying him. They have to give him a chance...

9. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Russell all the way. He is not getting 60 million dollars to sit on the bench. He had last year to learn and this offseason to get ready. Time to throw him into the fire and see if he has what it takes. also I don't agree with saying our offense is going no where fast. We had a very solid running game last year with Fargas and now Bush is healthy and it is time to see what he has in him. Also Zach Miller showed to be a good pass catching te last year, and with the money we are giving Walker hopefully he can put up something and i have always loved Curry when he is healthy. So if the o-line plays semi decent i think out offense can be much improved over last years.

10. You guys have to start Russell. I don't know why you wouldn't. Its not like you have a great veteran QB for him to learn from. So I think you should just start him and see what he can do.

11. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

heck culpepper.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I would go with Russell for the future. Culpepper still has to convince me somemore that his knee is fully healed.

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Russell

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Well that are 60 millions reason to start him, but I would make it a open competition. The main reason is "Who can win games", that's all that counts, IMO

On a sidenote: 60 millions for a rookie sucks, bring on cap for rookie salaries

15. Russell has to be the man!!

:preach: For the Raiders to select Russell #1 Overall last year, he has got to be their man and now is the present time to put him and let him learn.
    :cowboy:

16. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Im not too crazy about either of these guys. But if I would have to choose one I would go with Culpepper

17. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Russel, he has to learn starting now.

i thought culpepper was a free agent?

18. reubenco

reubenco Greenbelter

Culpepper actually did well last year when he played. (Enough so for me to pick him up in fantasy in the middle of the year. Russell was terrible in his time. I'd have to go with Culpepper. Aaron Brooks was never signed.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Russell he is your future QB he needs playing time. Daunte is done hes never going to bounce back.