Saints Kicker

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by abb, Sep 1, 2014.

1. abb

abb Lifetime Member Premium Member

We're in a 14 team league that drafted last Sunday. Required to carry to kickers. We picked Feeley with our last pick for second kicker. What we want to do is pick up whoever the saints sign, but there are a couple of others in the same spot. Can you alert me as soon as you hear who they hire? I've been checking all the news sites I know but they seem to lag. Thanx!!

2. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I've been checking daily too as well as news for Josh Gordon.

3. abb

Gordon is out for the year. I've read that his appeals have very little chance, and if it happens, it probably won'tbe soon.

4. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

He lost his appeal, but I still expect his lawyers to file an injunction in the next couple days which would restrain the nfl from suspending him until a trail can occur. Since I drafted Graham in most of my leagues I dropped him and picked up Gordon from everyone who bailed. I can easily drop him and grab a kicker Saturday night or Sunday morning if he doesn't file. But if he does I just picked up last seasons #1 WR for a kicker.

Also, don't get too attached to kickers, they are all the same. Prater went off last year because the Broncos had an easy schedule and a hall of fame QB to take advantage of it. I expect the difference between Kicker 1 and kicker 10 to be much more narrow.

5. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

@abb Check out the guy replacing Prater. Brandon McManus this guy was with the Giants outkicking Josh Brown, but the Giants being the team they are kept him. Go pick him up he should be golden for 4 games

6. abb

Here's the problem there. My son and I are co-owners in this league and you have to pay for each drop and each add. He is very reticent to pay for a kicker he hopes to only use for the bye week. Still he has to have a legal lineup or forfeit. We have one free post-draft dr/add that expires at the first game. He was hoping the Saints would pick up Feeley but that does not seem likely. So he figures whoever they pick up may even end up his # 1. But there are two or three other guys in the same boat because the draft was before the kickers were dropped.

By the way, I had my IDP draft and picked 9th so I got Karlos Dansby. Thanx for the help!!

7. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

The Saints should have their kicker by at least this afternoon. I can't see them waiting many more days.

LebaneseFF likes this.
  8. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Hey @abb my dynasty league makes you pay for each add and drop so I understand the feeling. Wait it out and see who gets the job. Succop might get the job in Tennessee

As for the IDP.... I have Dansby in 2 of my leagues... lets say we wait till end of week 2 before we make a decision on whether to keep him or not. I think Dansby is one of the superior LB's out there but when he left AZ to Miami he just didn't rack the tackles the system didn't suit him, I hope that doesn't happen in Cleveland but let's wait and see.

9. abb

Greg - we want to be the first to know!

Jad - I'll get back to you in week 2, if not sooner.

10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Shayne Graham was signed. He is an 85% kicker for his career. Can't really get any better than that.

Kurt likes this.
  11. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

glad he got resigned... savvy fantasy owners are picking him up Right Now

LebaneseFF likes this.