Saints Likely To Extend Cameron Jordan By May 3

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by spstromain, Apr 15, 2014.

1. spstromain

spstromain Starter

Teams across the NFL have until May 3 to decide whether or not to extend the fifth-year options on their 2011 first-round picks. The New Orleans Saints, owners of two first-rounders from that loaded draft class, are likely to extend at least one of those players, Defensive End Cameron Jordan. Jordan, coming off his best […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I agree that Cam will receive the 5th year option. Then after that he will really get paid. Either by the Saints or someone else. Ingram, on the other hand , will be staring at a reduced contract offer if he doesn't tear up the field this season. I have a feeling that with the emergence of K Rob and the possibility of getting a good back as a UDFA will spell doom for the Tide bust.

3. spstromain

spstromain Starter

im excited to see KRob in year 2. think he could be our 2006 Deuce.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  4. Buck Fenson

we will see if what Coach Parcells said to Coach Payton sticks. every time he touched the ball he got positive yardage. he runs with anger and vision. I think he should be the featured back.

5. Buck Fenson

it is official. Saints picked up the 5th year option on Cam. Duh!

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They can get out of the cap hit by extending him before the next league year starts

Im not sure what it is for DEs. I do know Tyron Smith is gonna cost us 10 million in 2015 if we dont work out an extention. IIRC I believe DEs have a slight y higher transition tag to LTs

7. Buck Fenson

Read on WWL website that it is around 7 million. That is not too bad but a new contract would certainly lower that number. And after next year, probably looking at a franchise tag.