Saints Release Veteran TE Jeremy Shockey

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by ravenfan52, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Veteran tight end Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he's been released by the New Orleans Saints. "It's a business, I understand," Shockey said. "I'll just go play hard for someone else. Whoever gets me it's going to be a steal." "I'd like to thank Jeremy for the contributions he made to our team during his time in New Orleans," Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said. "These decisions are never easy to make and we wish him the best in the future." Shockey, who won a Super Bowl with the Saints in the 2009 season, had three touchdowns and 408 receiving yards during an injury-hampered 2010 campaign in which he missed three of the team's games. "Jeremy played an important role in helping our team bring a Super Bowl championship to New Orleans," said Saints coach Sean Payton. "He contributed to the success of our offense, both as a pass-catcher and run blocker, and we're appreciative of his efforts." Drafted by the Giants in the first round of the 2002 draft, Shockey was acquired by the Saints in a trade with New York prior to the 2008 season and spent the past three years in New Orleans.

Source: ESPN.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Loved having u in the black and gold j-shock...and thank u for helping bring a lombardi to the saints. Jimmy grahm....come on down. Draft this dude on your FF team he's going to be a beast.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

No surprise here...

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

How much does Shockey have left? Any Saints fans....how about a midseason to end of season scouting report on this guy? Seems he was always hurt.

5. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I was socked when I saw this. I was always a fan of shockey.

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I grew to like Shockey, and he was a huge addition to the Superbowl run. But, yes. He was hurt quite often. When he was there, he could make an impact, but I think Jimmy Graham is going to be a monster and become a franchise TE for the Saints. That kid is amazing. Best of luck to Shockey, though.