Saints To Host Free Agent DE John Abraham

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Mar 8, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that Falcons defensive end John Abraham will be making a visit with the Saints shortly.

Abraham is currently on a tour of the West Coast, visiting the 49ers and the Seahawks. But Florio reports that Tennessee and New Orleans will be his next stops.

Source: SBNation.com

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

don't need another Falcon player here. He is too old to be a long term solution. Maybe that is how Sean wants his defense. Build the offense through the draft and plug in defense player via free agency.

3. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

agree somewhat. heck the falcons and there players. now of days we have soft core fans who cant remember haslett

4. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

So, you're saying let's pass on good players because they come from our rivals? What about Lofton? I like the guy. I'm a Julio Jones fan, doesn't mean I hate the Falcons any less. That said, I don't see a place for Abraham on the team. With all the talent that can be drafted, or the younger players to be developed. Payton probably wants established players because Rob Ryan will still find a way to screw things up.

5. Buck Fenson

If you mean my post I just simply meant that he is too old to be of service for a long time. Maybe a year or two at best. We need a younger guy for the long term. I like the Lofton move. I would hate to have seen how more horrible our defense would have been without him.

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Definitely. I agree on the too old thing.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

geez, is abraham visiting every team in the nfl?

8. Buck Fenson

You know what they say about casting a wide net.