Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll Recruiting Heat F LeBron James?

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 13, 2011.

1. On Tuesday, LeBron James made the NFL aware that he’s available by tweeting at ESPN reporter John Clayton, “When is the deadline for a team to sign a free agent?†Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll called LeBron on his apparent bluff by tweeting, “Hey @KingJames are you aware of what the League’s rookie minimum is?†And the free-agent flirtation was on. “Yeah, more than what I’m making now Coach,†LeBron replied. So what position would LeBron play as a football player? “I kinda think of you as a touchdown maker but is it true you think of yourself as a pass rusher?†Carroll asked. LeBron is built like a tight end, but he could probably bring a fierce rush from the defensive end position too. “TD maker for sure!†LeBron said. So Carroll did what any coach would do when one of the best athletes in the world shows interest in joining his team: He tried to set up a tryout. “I like it! maybe you should head over to #TheU & I’ll set up a little workout for you to catch a few balls,†Carroll tweeted But LeBron wants to shop himself around. “Cowboys, Dolphins, Browns, Lions, 49ers……..27 more teams. Who?†he tweeted Wednesday night.

Source: Seattle Post Intelligencer

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
  2. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

He would get destroyed in the NFL I am aware he used to be a football player but I don't see him playing well if he plays at all.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Gates didn't play football and. He did ok at the Te position

Sent from my HTC EVO

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

How amazing would it be if he went to detriot to team up with calvin and won a superbowl before a nba championship lol. Then decide to switch and not play basketball anymore.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

That would be awful. I'd be forced to hate the Lions then. And I really like the Lions so I don't want to do that.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Why the hell would he go to Seattle..? The only way it really makes sense from his perspective is to play for a winning team or a huge market..

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Stick him on the Bengals and Mike Brown won't let him leave when the NBA comes back.