Seahawks' OT Russell Okung Gets Back To Practice, But Limited

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Chipper10, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

A week after suffering a left ankle injury against San Diego, offensive tackle Russell Okung had a helmet and cleats on as a limited participant in practice this afternoon. Okung gingerly made his way through individual drills at the beginning of practice, including pass drops and some zone steps in the run game, but later did not participate in the team portion of practice. He talked briefly with reporters after practice the injury. “(I hope to get back) as soon as possible,†Okung said. “It’s coming around a lot faster than I thought it was, so I’m just waiting around.†Seattle head coach Pete Carroll said that that Okung is still a couple weeks away from being ready, and will not play on Saturday against Minnesota. “We know that he’s maybe a week away, or two weeks away at the most,†Carroll said. “He’s able to do walk-through stuff. And he’s staying up with the all installations and the advances. So it feels good.†However, Carroll would not fully commit to the expectation that Okung would be ready for Seattle’s regular-season opener at San Francisco in three weeks.

Source thenewstribune.com

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Good news for the Seahawks.