Seahawks, Pete Carroll Reportedly Close To 5-Year $35M Deal

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sweets, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

USC coach Pete Carroll is on the verge of formally becoming the Seattle Seahawks coach as final details were being hammered out for a five-year, $35 million contract, according to the Los Angeles Times and the Los Angeles Daily News. According to the Daily News, Carroll has accepted the job and has yet to sign his deal. The Times is reporting that Carroll is about to take the job as president and head coach after interviewing with Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke in Los Angeles earlier this week.

Source: NFP

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'll be damned.

That was quick.

3. :word:

Big Balls Pete is getting paid.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Good work sweets! That was hella quick.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:icon_redface: thanx, I try.

5. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

He knows the infractions are coming and now is the time to get out. His recruiting issues are now to be exposed. He played the game to win and it catches up to you if you cheat. Bill Belichick!

1 person likes this.
  6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

will never make it, he will have a nick saban like career (again)

great college coaches dont make great pro coaches....hes got the credentials but hes gonna relive the mid 90s stint again

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

He got out of Dodge quickly. Dude was so successful at USC cause he violated tons of rules and there was no oversight there so not even the officials at USC no to what extent he cheated. I pretty much have to agree with what Ktrain just posted.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Instead of dealing with elite talent wanting to play for him he'll be dealing with a draft and FA. Completely different animal. Can't say that he'll fail, but highly doubtful he'll have $7MM/year worth of success. BTW Pete, you loved Matt Leinart at USC, I'm guessing the Cards will trade him straight up for some sushi and Starbucks.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:ponder: