Seahawks RB T.J. Duckett Loves His New Role

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, May 8, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

While satisfied with how he performed in a limited role last year, Seahawks running back T.J. Duckett, talking with reporters at the end of the teams organized activities on Thursday, said that hes pleased with his expanded role in the new Seattle offense, thanks to being reunited with offensive coordinator Greg Knapp. Duckett had his best success since arriving in the NFL playing for Knapp-led offenses. In Knapps first year in charge of the offense in Atlanta, Duckett averaged a career-high 4.9 yards a carry. Im just rejuvenated being able to play another year of football, said the 28-year-old Duckett. Thats all that matters. And every year you have to get better than the year before. It definitely helps knowing the offense better, and knowing some of the personnel. But this is a whole new year for everybody. So weve put the past away, and started building for a new season this year. I love the scheme. I love the style. Theyve used me in the past in certain situations, so they know how to use me and where I can be best at, so thats nothing but positive.

Source: The News Tribune