Seahawks Rookie FS Earl Thomas Earns Matt Hasselbeck's Praise

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Jun 24, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck thought he had a touchdown. But rookie safety Earl Thomas had other plans. Hasselbeck looked off the 20-year-old Texas product, hoping to create a window to deliver the ball to receiver Deon Butler in the back of the end zone. But when Hasselbeck let the ball fly, Thomas scrambled to get back into position and made a spectacular, diving interception. “He has great speed,†Hasselbeck said. “He shouldn’t be able to get there, but he got there and made a heck of a diving catch, and it was a huge, huge play.†Thomas said the play was a result of his diligent work during the offseason in learning and getting comfortable with Seattle’s new defensive scheme. “I just read the quarterback’s eyes,†Thomas said. “I’m not thinking too much because I’m getting the playbook down pretty good, and I’m just able to run out there and play now.â€

Source: The News Tribune

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

as much as i love pouncey the man child himself.....this makes me sad :icon_cry:

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ive been hearing Matt has been raving about his "gum assortment"

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

All I know is this guy is gonna be a freaking stud, and will always remember how the Eagles passed on him for Graham.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I really wanted Thomas in a Steelers uniform...could be worse...Thomas could be with the Ravens or Browns...

I'm tired of Matt Hasselbeck...really tired of him....

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You won't have to hear about him much longer. He'll go down by week 2 if not in preseason and this will be his last year in Seattle. He'll be riding pine for the rest of his career.

7. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Hasselbeck is just getting old.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You cannot be serious.

9. warcrychief

dont get me wrong, he is a smart QB. but he is 1 big hit away from getting knocked out for the season.

I picked the Seahawks 2 win the NFC last year because of him.

he is on the downside now.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That's preposterous.

11. warcrychief

he hurt his back last year. not a good thing 2 injury when your his age.