Seahawks Trade DE Darryl Tapp To The Eagles

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 16, 2010.

1. The Philadelphia Eagles have followed through with their search for another defensive end to pair with Pro Bowler Trent Cole. The Eagles Tuesday traded pass-rushing LB/DE hybrid Chris Clemons and an undisclosed draft pick to the Seattle Seahawks for defensive end Darryl Tapp, FOXSports.com has learned. Tapp, a four-year veteran wth Seattle, had signed his restricted free-agent tender with the Seahawks a day earlier.

Source: FOXSports.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I DIG Tapp. Really like the move.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Great move here by Philly

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Please update us when you know what pick the Eagles gave. Any pick between a 4th-7th is a freaking steal for the iggles.

5. The Eagles traded a fourth round draft choice along with Chris Clemons for Darryl Tapp.

Philadelphia Daily News

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Thats a good deal for both sides. We were being bogged down with defensive ends - Kerney, Jackson, Tapp and Reed were all rotaationg without any continuity. You know Carroll wants to draft his own pass rusher, so I though we would unload one. I thought it would be Kerney though, not Tapp.

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I agree, good deal for both sides....Clemons will be a good backup and the 4th gives seattle some more flexibility to move up in the draft.

8. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Clemons will be playing in Carroll's "Elephant" package.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't honestly say that I know enough about Tapp to love or hate this move, but from what I've read about him, it seems to make sense.