Seahawks WR Sidney Rice Will Need 3-4 Months To Rehab From Surgery

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sweets, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Sidney Rice’s first season with the Seattle Seahawks didn’t go as anyone planned. The free-agent prize made just 32 receptions for 484 yards and two touchdowns, hardly the kind of production the club expected when they paid him No. 1-receiver money, injuries contributed to his problems, and they’ll be an issue for him this offseason. Rice, who was placed on injured reserve on Nov. 30 after suffering two concussions in a span of three weeks, will now be on the shelf following shoulder surgery. Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times reports Rice has had surgery to repair an problem that kept him out of the first two games of the season. "Some time ago, we knew he was going to have surgery," Carroll said. "We just put it off to this date. I don't know exactly why it was put it off to this date, but there has been a few weeks we could have put it off earlier." Rice will need three to four months to rehabilitate from the surgery, meaning he potentially will miss the beginning of the club’s offseason program.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

It didn't? I didn't expect anything more. A lackluster injury filled season seems about right to me.