Shaun Hill Time?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Fez, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

We might as well try any QB on the roster, I think. Hill, Robinson, throw em all in, not like we're going anywhere.

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i called mike robinson first

3. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

M-Rob is the answer...Like Nasty and Mike said....give him the damn ball!

4. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

We should have taken Garcia back when the Bucs offered to trade him to us.

No long term solution but far better than what we have.

5. bullnutz

bullnutz Rookie

Not a "Nolan guy".......

Oh wait a minute.

I'm not sure Hill would help us at qb right now. I'm in no way a JTO lover, but Hill's arm strength could really cost us with those precision routes. Not to mention he's far less mobile than JTO.

6. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

And with our oline the way it is thats not good lol

Martz' system is for a pocket qb though, no?

7. bullnutz

bullnutz Rookie

Actually, when Martz was at his best it was with a TRUE pocket passer, Kurt Warner. When his QBs have time, he has shown he can devistate defenses, ala "the greatest show on turf". Granted, he got Warner killed.

When he went to Detroit, Kitna was forced to use his feet to make plays. I don't think it was a design of Martz's as much as a need of Kitna's since their O-line was even worse than ours.

Trent Green was a pocket passer in Martz's system, but couldn't do the things Warner did. Whether that was on Green or on Martz I'm not sure.

Could Martz adjust to a mobile qb?? Sure. But his style is with the wrs reading the d on the fly and the qb having time to make the same reads and pick the D apart. It's much easier for the QB to read the D while he's in the pocket than it is while he's running for his life.

JTO isn't a scrambling qb the way Kitna, Garcia or even Smith are. Most of the time he runs it's because he HAS to. Smith wasn't patient enough to stay in the pocket, and Garcia isn't tall enough to stay in the pocket. Hill may be o.k., but his arm would cause him problems. JTO can at least get the ball downfield in a hurry. Hill's release is slower (like Smith) and his overall arm strenth would allow defenders to close on the reciever quicker.

Right now I think JTO is the best, not because he's good, but because he has the best combination of all the traits needed. Decent arm, decent patience, decent reads and decent mobility.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Mike Robinson wasn't even a very good college qb, and you guys want to START him? Wow.

9. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

He has as many credentials as any other qb we have lol

At this point why not give him a shot? At least get the ball in his hands a couple times a game to see whats up.

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

singletary is the defensive guy, he will go with what martz wants, Martz loves Sullivan, Don't expect a change for at least a few more weeks and Sullivan would have to play really bad in that span to lose his job

11. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Well, O'Sullivan got benched BEFORE halftime... :icon_eek:

I think he's starting in two weeks... (next one is a bye, of course)

12. Dunn

Dunn Starter

uhhh clupepper?

13. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Yeah, let's waste cash on a QB who fumbles a lot and throws many INTs, when we already have one who does the same thing.

14. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Oh God no.

15. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

This season is a waste anyway. We could call Dilfer back, trade Dorsey back it would make no difference... Maybe we could push for a Mike Vick reinstatement when he's out.

I can't believe I just wrote this... :bagonhead:

16. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Well he was at his best when he had no O-Line in Atlanta.

17. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Mike Vick with the 9ers? I hope like holy hell we don't get him, I can't stand that son of a snitch.

18. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Vick is better than anything SF has right now, but Shaun Hill could surprise some people, put up decent numbers/games last season.

19. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Doesn't matter much to me, he's no life saver and I can't stand that pr**k. I'd hate to see him in a 9ers uniform.

20. Dunn

Dunn Starter

vick is an awful qb. He can run, thats it. If defense plays 2 LB qb mirror, hes done. He cant throw for crap. Yea he can launch it, but accuracy is horrid.