SiriusXM Fires 'Opie & Anthony' Shock Jock

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by 86WARD, Jul 4, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Anthony Cumia, one-half of the longtime Opie & Anthony radio duo, isn't letting up. Even after SiriusXM fired him.

He tweeted Friday morning, "Sirius decided to cave and fire me. Welcome to bizarro world..."

And he said in another tweet, "After the weekend, I'll have a better idea of things. F--- Sirius."

Cumia went on Twitter earlier this week to tell a story of a run-in he had with a black woman in Times Square. He called her "a pig" and an "animal" after he said she punched him in the face as he was trying to take a photo.

Now, Sirius XM has decided to "terminate its relationship" with Cumia.

The satellite radio company said in a statement:

"SiriusXM has terminated its relationship with Anthony Cumia of the Opie & Anthony channel. The decision was made, and Cumia informed, late Thursday, July 3, after careful consideration of his racially charged and hate-filled remarks on social media. Those remarks and postings are abhorrent to SiriusXM, and his behavior is wholly inconsistent with what SiriusXM represents."

Stay tuned. It doesn't seem to be the last we'll hear of Anthony Cumia.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...xm-opie-anthony-cumia-racist-tirade/12212337/

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Never really been a fan of Opie and Anthony...HUGE fan of SiriusXM...but I can't agree with firing Anthony over this.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Didn't we used to have a thread for this show?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think we did a long time ago. There used to be a whole forum for the older shows...I believe...

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

these tv and radio guys must be really wealthy. earlier this week,TTC pulled adam richman's new show after he told a guy on twitter to kill himself and nobody would care.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Any chance that it could be a radio stunt? Worse things have happened on air on satellite radio.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

pu**y move by Sirius XM. He's said worse things on the air. Getting fired for your opinions while doing nothing illegal, and being the victim of an assault?

Over the top liberal assholes like the c**t from the Washington Post is what leads to lack of freedom of speech and the pussification of this country.

Only have an opinion if it's safe for all to hear.