Sixers 7-2 Turning It Around???

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by ball in the baskett, Jan 10, 2012.

?

76ers

1. turning it around

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. same old 50 percent winning percentage sixers

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The Sixers laid an egg in the first quarter only. I thought they actually outplayed the Knicks the other 3. Saw them play here in Phoenix just after Christmas and I think they're the real deal.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

they def looks good so far. their offense will be incosistent at times but even in this loss they played good defense against one better scoring teams. if you play great defense you will always have a chance to win.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Saw Tim Legler say he's got the sixers as the 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

that would be a nice finish to the regular season. way early still but again it's refreshing to have a basketball team worth talking about. especially one that plays the way the sixers do.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

going to the game tonight and grabbed tix for the heat game next friday. got them throughwork so i'll be in the suite with all the food and beer i want ... oh yeah

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm jealous. I hope Hawes comes back soon. The team is not the same without him.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah for a young guy he seems to have "old guy" issues. i guess being a big man and this schedule contributes to that but then again brand seems tyo be ok.

they do need him though, kid has skills.

will smith is gonna be in da house tonight. heard rumors he may make the rounds to the club & suite boxes with the other ownership in attendence. be cool to meet. going with my dad and 5yr old tonight.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Sweat deal smeagle. Sounds like a good time.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah one of the perks of my job is the sports seats. our box for the flyers/sixers is sweet plus the seats for the phils is sec 134 (3rd base line). havent made it to the box at the linc with the eagles yet but i have my own tix there so i havent tried to get any. maybe next season.

10. DawkinsINT

Try to get a pic with the Fresh Prince!

11. markaz

NBA games from a catered suite are so much better than an NFL game from a suite. Freakin' right on top of action and no need for binos. Sounds like one hell of a suite deal, smeagle.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

has such a great time. my dad hadnt been to a sixers game in years and loved it. both he & i are not fans of the nba overall because of this streetball crap that is too prevelant but collins has this team playing actual basketball.

plus yeah, sitting in the suite is awesome. also we got to meet sonny hill (local basketball guru) which just topped it off for my dad.

real tough stretch coming up for the sixers. this is going to make or break this season.

13. DawkinsINT

Glad you had a great time. This 7 game stretch is brutal. It will really show where the team stands.

14. DawkinsINT

Oh..and it really sucks that I won't be able to watch any of the games this week. Sixers aren't local for me, and I can't afford the NBA package on Directv. Ugh.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

TimeLocal TVNat TVRadio Mon 30 vs Orlando [​IMG] 7:00pm CSN [​IMG] 94 WIPFebruaryOpponentTimeLocal TVNat TVRadio Wed 01 vs Chicago [​IMG] 7:00pm CSN 94 WIP Fri 03 vs Miami [​IMG] 7:00pm CSN 94 WIP Sat 04 @ Atlanta 7:00pm CSN 94 WIP Mon 06 vs LA Lakers [​IMG] 7:00pm CSN 94 WIP Wed 08 vs San Antonio [​IMG] 7:00pm CSN 94 WIP Fri 10 vs LA Clippers [​IMG] 7:00pm CSN 94 WIP Sat 11 @ Cleveland 7:30pm CSN 94 WIP Mon 13 @ Charlotte 7:00pm CSN 94 WIP Wed 15 @ Orlando 7:00pm CSN 94 WIP Fri 17 vs Dallas [​IMG] 8:00pm CSN 94 WIP

yeah that is a tough run of games.

16. markaz

Some of my fondest memories of my dad were at Chiefs game before they moved to Arrowhead and sitting in the freezing cold sucking down 50/50 mixtures of oxtail soup and sherry or bourbon. Glad you and your dad had a great time.

Watched the Sixers hammer the Suns (who doesn't) in like the third game of the season. It was evident that the Sixers are for real. And "IF" they could fulfill their dream and get Amare Stoudemire I'm callin' the Sixers in the Eastern finals. Right now they're damn good and when they do return from a successful brutal roadie it will be the confidence builder that will make them dangerous throughout the rest of the season and in the playoffs.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

i know what you mean about great memories with a dad. i grew up going to eagles games with my dad.

sixers are good but yeah they need one upper tier guy for any real chance to get to the eastern conference finals. rod thorne is a good nbs guy and i think he will find a way to better this team somehow.

18. markaz

The Sixers were making a play for Amare when Amare was with the Suns. I'll try to find the article I read this morning but it sounds like the Sixers may be on the same chase. It's never going to work with the Knicks/Carmelo so now just may be the opportune time. Amare would fit nicely in the Sixers' lineup.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah but would the sixers have to get rid of.

20. markaz

Iguodala appears to be off limits so it would probably have to be Brand. Would that be a mistake? I certainly think so as it would tear up a cohesive unit. But for some reason the Sixers brass has coveted Amare for many years. Here's a local story: Stoudemire to the Sixers?

If this was the first time I'd seen something like this I'd say some writer is filling his quota for the month with a BS story. But as a Suns fan, I remember the Sixers making a play for him much to the fans disapproval that the Suns brass would even consider it. And back then, Iguodala was in the conversation.