Sixers 7-2 Turning It Around???

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by ball in the baskett, Jan 10, 2012.

?

76ers

1. turning it around

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. same old 50 percent winning percentage sixers

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. smeags

smeags militant geek

hmmmm, interesting. would def help the offense but i think collins would lose his mind over amare's defensive voids.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Today both sides denied any trade talks.

No Hawes yet again tonight. Howard should have a field day.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Amare is no Bill Russell or Kevin Love, but the media has made a bigger deal out of Amare's defense than I think he deserves. He became "softer " in the lane because early in his career he'd have 4 fouls at the half. He backed off to stay out of foul trouble and it has carried forward. But while he may be allowing a few drives down the lane and a few back doors, he's also putting in 35 with 12 rebounds. His offensive skills more than overshadow any weakness on defense and everybody here in Phoenix would gladly take him back, except for the owner who owns the butt off of the original Buffalo nickel.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

@ dawk - not asurprising both sides are denying any kind of talks. seems thats all it may have been anyway but it would be an interesting fit.

5. DawkinsINT

Brand's defense was the difference in the game big time. What looked like a blow-out got close, but a win is a win. They will have to play much better to beat the Bulls.

6. DawkinsINT

Awesome ball movement and Iggy went nuts in the 3rd = victory over the Bulls. 2-0 on this tough stretch. Heat coming on Friday. After the way they were blown out in Miami, it would be a nice statement to beat them.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

What happened lol

:buttrock:thats what you get for jynxing it lol

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

great game. actually seeing a brightside with hawes being out, local boy lavoy allen is getting quality minutes and is looking good.

9. DawkinsINT

Allen's played well for sure, but the team averages about 12 more points a game with Hawes. It would be nice to have him back tomorrow, but it doesn't seem like it will happen.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

true but i think the more time allen gets the more confident he'll get in his offense but yeah hawes definitely has a better O game. problem is i think hawes is going to have these nagging injury issues because i dont think he's played the kind of minutes he isplaying this year. collins needs to mix him and allen in and spread the minutes as well as the vucevic.

cant wait till tonight, fully catered. taking the train t so i will be pounding the free alcohol. :cope:

11. DawkinsINT

Oh, crap...you're going again tonight? You lucky SOB. I haven't been this psyched for a Sixers game in awhile.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, definite perk of working at my company. just hope they get that place cleaned up enough after the wing bowl this morning.

13. DawkinsINT

How many games do you get to go to?

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

depends on the sport. hockey and basketball are easier to get. i can usually get 6 games or so a years for those two. the phillies are limited to one game per season unless there's a cancelation.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

So far so good. Allen in early foul trouble. James crying like a snitch to the refs.

16. DawkinsINT

The Sixers need to bury more of those mid-range jumpers.

17. DawkinsINT

Air out of the balloon...that 4th was embarrassing.

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

In what I say the sixers are two real pieces away. They need a better slasher type player and a shot blocker.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

not sure if you could see it on tv but james was whining the entire 1st half anytime someone made a defensive play on him that was not called a foul. at one point he stomped to the bench during a miami timeout and refused to go stand in the huddle.

another play where a wade shot was clearly blocked cleanly was called. they showed it on the big screen and it wasnt even close.

bad calles aside the as mentioned the sixers shotting was atrocious friday night. shots were flat and it wasn't result of great defense from the heat, the sixers were just off and they have no mike miller coming off the bench.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's why sixers fans have problems with iggy, because that's whant he's supposed to be but he spends too much time taking 18ft jumpers.

tale of two games -

iggy tears it up going to the basket against orlando - sixers win.

iggy spends most of the game shooting jumpers against miami - sixers lose.