Sixers Legend Charles Barkley Offers To Pay For Funeral Of 3 Children Killed In Carjacking Crash

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 86WARD, Jul 28, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) - Sixers legend Charles Barkley is offering to pay the funeral expenses of three young siblings who died tragically in a hit and run crash in North Philadelphia.

Fifteen-year-old Keiearra Williams, 10-year-old Joseph Reed and 7-year-old Terrence Moore, were killed on July 25th when a stolen vehicle crashed into them while selling fruit to raise money for their local garden. Their mother, 34-year-old Keisha Williams, was also injured.

“All Philadelphians have been moved to tears by this crime,” said District Attorney Seth Williams.

Williams said former NBA player Philadelphia and 76er Charles Barkley has even reached out and offered to pay for the funeral of the three children.

“I received a telephone call from Sixers legend Charles Barkley,” said Williams. “Like most Philadelphians, many Americans and people across the world, he wanted me to know that he wanted to pay for the funeral for these three children and I put him in touch with the family so he can do that.”

Source: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ral-of-3-children-killed-in-carjacking-crash/

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Here is the ducked up back story...these guys should be ducking destroyed...rape and killing three children...

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

hurts my soul to read stuff like that.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

It does. Big of Chuck to step up like this.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Kudos to chuck.

Only if more people out $ where mouth is.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  6. Buck Fenson

hate to hear of children dying. to die like that, well, I hope there is a hell.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Damn, such a shame. Very cool of Sir Charles.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This is why I don't watch or read the news.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

barkley tried to do this low key too. he wasn't looking for PR.

i know charles has said/done some dumb stuff when he was younger but the guy has a HUGE heart and he loves this town.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could listen to him all day...

11. Buck Fenson

To me, Charles has always be honest sometimes to a fault. He will say a player sucks when he does and everyone else is looking for a way to praise the guy.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

very true - he comes on one of the local sports stations here to co-host and like ward said i could listen to the guy all day. last week TO came on and barkley at one point was bustin owens' stones about thinking he could have played in the nba.

13. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

Sign me up for the firing squad. Great job Charles, at least he won't be wasting money on golf lessons. That one handed golf swing was classic.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's why I like him so much and much of his "humor" is he is just saying what everyone else is thinking and most of the time, it's the truth.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  15. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Round Mound of Rebound is the man.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

barkley has always been a man with a heart of gold. love to see these assholes caught and jolly stomped before taken in to be executed!

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

They are both caught.