Sleeper At Wide Receiver In The NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by gohlmeyer, Mar 29, 2014.

1. gohlmeyer

gohlmeyer Rookie

With the draft nearly a month away, everyone is looking the next big sleeper. Someone that nobody is talking about and that every team will more than likely have the opportunity to take. In such a deep group of wide receivers, Jordan Matthews has seemingly been overshadowed by his counterparts. Personally, I cannot understand why. […]

Read the whole post here.

Aussie61 likes this.
  2. gohlmeyer

gohlmeyer Rookie

That's what I'm saying. Most "experts" have Matthews ranked as their number 7 or 8 receiver. It doesn't make any sense to me. If he drops to the 2nd round like most mock drafts predict, he would be considered a pretty big sleeper though in my book.

3. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

I love this guy for the Redskins. I think it's very possible he goes in the first round, but hopefully not for the Redskins' sake. A lot of Redskins fans would prefer a prospect like Kelvin Benjamin over Jordan Matthews. I say no. Matthews is the much safer pick out of the two. Now that DeSean Jackson is not in Philly anymore, I expect them to go after a Wide Receiver with their first pick. Could it be Matthews? Quite possible, and it wouldn't be good for the rest of the NFC East. Thank you for writing an article on this guy.

4. gohlmeyer

gohlmeyer Rookie

No problem man. I could see it happening. That is about where he is projected to go. I don't know if Washington feels they are solid at wide receiver after giving Andre Roberts a hefty contract, but Matthews would certainly help.

5. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

While i agree with your assessment,the biggest problem for Jordan Matthews is that the Receiver pool is very deep,so teams may want to address another position where the talent pool is thinner before taking a WR.The thinking being that if you don't get Matthews,then the next guy on the board is still a pretty good Receiver.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

a lot of players have slipped into the nfl under the radar and made the hall of fame so who knows?