So Where Will Peyton End Up?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Mar 7, 2012.

?

Where Will Peyton Land?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2012.
  1. Titans

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Broncos

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. 49ers

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Other

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Hellhound

Hellhound ~Kentucky Devil~

Peyton......WTF thought there was no crying in football

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, but isn't peyton smart enough to avoid an organization that doesn't make good decisions? He will want to win and, therefore, he will want to go to a smart team that makes good football decisions.

If this is just all about the highest bidder, then, sure, i can see Ross doing something ridiculous but you've got to think that Peyton still wants to win.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

With Manning, the Dolphins could be set up to win. The Ross-Factor, IMO, has always been a deal breaker. At some point, the guy has to get it...Daniel Snyder pretty much did.

4. CaptainStubing

yep, the dolphins have some very good pieces on their roster. They've got a good o-line, good defense, good wr, and decent rb. If Philbin can be a good head coach and they get Manning, they would definitely win a ton of games, despite any front office dysfunction. I'm just not sure if that dysfunction (poor decision-making) is going to be a deal-killer or not.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

The other thing about Miami - not a deal maker - but with new coaches and new players, can't they meet earlier than established coaches and players?

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I don't know if this true or not, but I heard this morning that Peyton will announce where he's going within the week.

Stay tuned.

7. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

Miami will be a huge upgrade in offense next year if they sign pm and reggie wayne.the pats don't want to see him 2 times a year with the defense they have.i can't see him turning the dolphins down,especially since he already has a home there.

8. CaptainStubing

well, for those of you who were thinking chiefs, jets, redskins, or seahawks, you're probably screwed. it sounds like peyton is visiting denver and arizona and then going to make his decision by Tuesday. It's unclear whether his hometown team, the dolphins, will get to meet with him.

i really can't believe Denver is on the verge of getting Peyton. I didn't even have them on my radar when I made the original list in this thread. I really didn't think they were going to bench Tebow. The Cards obviously didn't surprise me because they were my pick for the landing spot but Denver really came out of nowhere.

9. ragman

Imagine if he goes to Denver. What kind of circus will there be?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Where ever he lands, there will be a circus...lol.

11. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I am pulling for Denver. I think he has the most chance to succeed there, and I want to see him succeed.

12. CaptainStubing

yep, it's going to be crazy wherever he goes .................

maybe he will pull a LeBron when announcing what team he's going to ............ :rofl:

13. ragman

Meh. I'd like to think that Peyton has more class than that.

14. CaptainStubing

:doh: ....... i know, i was being sarcastic ........

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Just so long as Jim Gray has nothing to do with it I don't care how the news is broken.

16. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

He had a choice to do hat when the colts released him last week,with 6 figures going to various charaties,turned them down flat! PM has more class than to ever do something that sickening! he'll announce it with as little fan fair as he can. as to where he goes,I Think that peyton's wife and 2 kids will have a huge say or presence in where he goesthey love miami enough to have a home there,i'd say he'll play there or denver.
    he may shock everybody and go to the cardinals,but since eli is in the nfc,i bet peyton stays in the afc.

17. ragman

Does the order of the cities he's visiting mean anything?

18. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Peyton said the other day he wants to stay in the AFC I think we can safely take any NFC teams out of the equation.

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Then why the trip to Arizona tonight? A courtesy call? General consensus is Miami, but Manning's never stated the NFC is out.

20. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Schefter's story says he's been meeting with Larry, Whiz and the brass since noon and he likes Denver as the favorite, with Arizona pushing hard. He mentions Miami as an afterthought, almost discouraging their chances.