Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Bears 88, Apr 11, 2010.

1. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I knew the Blackhawks can play aggressive but they needed to show it and thats what they did last night.

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

this is pretty damn good hockey and the ratings are amazing

good for the NHL

3. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Yes it is awesome to finally see hockey getting some good ratings. The sport is catching on with the younger crowd. I went to a Caps game this year and the place was sold out and a ton of young kids with parents were there. For a while it wasn't hard getting a ticket to a game because they were never sold out. I love the sport and am glad it's picking up and people are getting into it.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

a philly/chicago stanley cup was a perfect senerio for the nhl. two huge sports town's with teams that matched up perfectly and man have these guys put on a show.

i see the flyers winning tonight and then it's all or nothing for both teams on friday noght.

5. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

This playoffs has really made me more of a hockey fan

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Watching the game tonight with my canadien frein eh i think he has canadian beer isnt that supposed to be good beer?

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i really hope this crap ends tonight and the phildelphians have to watch the hawks skate around their arena hoisting the cup

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah crazy thing though, there's this new invention called a remote.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, Chrissy Pronger can have fun watching that too.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

that may be the weakest trash talk i have ever seen, chrissy pronger ? really ? that's the best chicago could come up with ? so a man wearing a dress has owned your big fella dustin for 95% of this series ?

i expected better.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Like your trash talk has been any better my friend.

This series will be over tonight IF the Blackhawks do what they did in game 5, if not better. Niemi has to allow less then 4 goals tonight. I say 2 at most.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  12. smeags

smeags militant geek

yes, i would put my trash talking up agaisnt that pic and headline anyday. in fact i'd put yours up against it. again, it insults the guys he has shut down this series, although for the looks of kane and his little mullet he probably likes being man handled by a guy in dress.

this series has been about the home team and that won't change tonight. it may not friday either but i just want to get there first.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

Not to mention more weak trash talk that was just posted... Why don't you e-mail the chicago tribune and tell them how weak that was? (not that they'll give a crap anyway, lol) :icon_rolleyes:

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

:icon_eek:

man someone needs a nomination for the warren sapp award

tell you what though, ill level with you. i hope the win tonight so I can watch them skate around the wachovia center holding the cup

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

no need to, i already wasted 5mins of my life discussing it with you. i get it, you really, REALLY like the pic and you have your personal reasons for enjoying it so much. who am i to discourage you.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

You didn't discourage me at all and couldn't if you really tried (Next). So epic fail.:icon_cool:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

1-1 after the 1st period.

Lets go Blackhawks!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'll take a 1-1 tie after how the Flyers were dominated in the period. Hopefully that goal kick starts them.

18. DaBearsrule4ever

The one thing thats driving me insane is when the Blackhawks have a power play, they commit a penalty not much long after. That has got to stop.

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Flyers look out of gas.

20. DaBearsrule4ever

After scoring the third goal, the Blackhawks need to take this and run with it. This game isn't over by any means.