START WEEK 5

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Samson, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

Close on Colston and Quick.

RB other than Asiata I am undecided. Thinking McKinnon and Vereen.

What is going on with the Panthers? 0 wk three lost by 4 then -4 week 4 won but it was closer than I like. Is it time to move on or is it just been a bad run?

2. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I would start Quick, and Coston at your 2 flex positions

and McKinnon (It's close between him and Asiata, but I think they will unleash McKinnon this week) and Vereen

3. LebaneseFF

Team Defenses who is your waiver wire?

4. Samson

DEN VS ARI
    CHI VS CAR
    TEN VS CLE
    IND VS BAL
    NO VS TB
    CLE VS TEN
    GB VS MIN
    MIN VS GB
    TB VS NO
    STL VS PHI
    NYG VS ATL
    JAX VS PIT
    DAL VS HOU
    NYJ VS SD
    ARI VS DEN

Have claims being processed may clear but PIT is likely not option.
    PIT VS JAX
    PHI VS STL

Also is it time to just drop them? if not I don't have anyone to lose off my bench bc of having 3 MIN RB at the moment.

5. LebaneseFF

Grab Arizona. They will get you a few points this week and have the Redskins and Raiders in week 6 and 7. They have also played their bye week. So grab them

6. Samson

Start them against the broncos? So CAR is done for the season as a weekly starter in your opinion?

Asaita is a freaking vulture and will get the touches this RB situation is going to be annoying for awhile.

7. LebaneseFF

It's a risk. but personally I Am doing it. I am trusting them to get a good game in. Like I am saying to many people. week 5 is not great for team Defense. grab a team that can get you 5-7 points and look to week 6 and 7.

8. Samson

at this point 5 0r 6 would be a improvement I have gotten -4 total its the last 2 weeks lol.

I broke all the rules I have for myself drafting don't take a QB early Brees will be fine but so would Cutler and River later. Don't draft a TE till almost last Bennett and Olsen are my usual late targets just as preference. Always stream DEF never draft one till almost last. To be fair I got booted and auto drafted from my the player I was targeting in later rounds but it still happened.

9. Samson

Pit and phi cleared waviers either of them over ARI?

10. LebaneseFF

Yeah Grab Pitt they are playing jaguars. Drop AP (he won't play again this year) and grab Arizona for week 6 and 7

11. Samson

Keeper league can't drop AP he still has too much vaule. It wasnt done processing apparently went back it is just PHI avaliable.

12. LebaneseFF

Agh... I honestly don't trust Philly but they are better then ARizona this week. (arizona is just too good to pass up in week 6 and 7) My thinking is no team except the Seahawks will score many D. points this week. You can risk it and pick them up and start them this week.

13. Samson

Thanks for the advise good luck this week.

14. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Very bold statement. I've yet to come to that conclusion, but it's really not looking good. Glad @LebaneseFF said it first lol

@Samson You'll really be a bit more flexible if you finally dump him, especially not that the Vikes have a ground game.

15. LebaneseFF

We are at week 5... and there has been very little progress in his case. He is being dumped very quickly in most ESPN leagues

16. Greg Brosh

Oh I don't disagree with you. I think it's going to wind up being a hot topic after this week. Especially in @Samson 's case by wasting a spot on him in a non-keeper league.

17. Samson

I can keep him with a 3rd round pick next year or I would be leaning to dumping him after oct 8 hearing if I hadn't done so already.

I will trade him for something before I drop him out right. He is a dead bench spot but the vaule is still there as a keeper.

I haven't approached the league as a whole but I may get the votes bc the IR was to protect the keeper and this exempt status came out of left field. I discussed it with another owner and they said it is a vaild issue to deal with. So we will see what happens.

@Greg Brosh you agree with the starting line up in my sig?

18. Samson

@LebaneseFF guy dropped SD VS NYJ. Did I miss something or did the jets become not terrible?

19. Greg Brosh

Did he drop him to pick someone up? Who is his other defense?

I agree with your starters. McKinnon is going to be one of those guys who gets to the one, then gives up the goal line scores to Asiata.

If AP is a keeper, you should get something from him. Even though Murray has been playing really well, I don't know if Jones is willing to pony up the money he deserves. That little talk he and Peterson had was more than a passing conversation.

20. LebaneseFF

yeah San Diego is a sneaky start this week. Pick them up but please try not to drop Arizona. I know I am nuts with this but they have such a favorable schedule after Denver.
    d