Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Is Cup Crazy!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, May 21, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ben Roethlisberger will try to bring home another champion in Detroit.

This time, the Steelers quarterback will do it in the supporting role of a fan when he roots for the Penguins in the Stanley Cup final at Joe Louis Arena against the Detroit Red Wings.

"I plan on making a trip to Detroit and plan on being at all of the home ones if I can," Roethlisberger said after practice yesterday.

He, coach Mike Tomlin, football operations boss Kevin Colbert and other Steelers players have attended many of the Penguins' NHL playoff games, in addition to regular-season games at Mellon Arena.

"I love watching them play," Roethlisberger said. "They have a great chance. It will be a good series. I don't want it to go to seven because I hope they can sweep it, but a Game 7 and us winning it would be pretty sweet."

Roethlisberger became the youngest quarterback to lead his team to a Super Bowl victory when the Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks two years ago in Detroit, where Steelers fans were estimated to make up 75 percent of the neutral-site crowd.

It will be a little different this time, since the Red Wings make their home in Detroit.
    "I know they will be there in full effect," Roethlisbeger said of Penguins fans. "It was great for us because there were so many fans there. It's so close. It will be good for the fans."

Tomlin said he quickly became a Penguins fan since arriving in Pittsburgh last year. He attended one of their games, in fact, during one of his interviews for the job.

"It's awesome. I'm like another emerging hockey fan. My boys enjoy it, we enjoy going to the games. Man, they have an opportunity to win the Stanley Cup, and I'm excited like everybody else is in Western Pa."

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

stay upbeat i guess lol, i think the wings are gonna be to much for us.

go pens though lol

3. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

RJ would be so disappointed in you, Ben.

4. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Go Pens Go!!!

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I like it how everyone comes out of the woodwork when they stop being so crap.

6. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Fixed that for ya. :icon_cheesygrin:

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Thats awsome the fans that sit next to him are going to have fun lol.

8. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Hockey players don't wear helmets either. He can bond.

9. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I'm sure he has a luxury box.