Steelers Sign Former Saints WR Lance Moore; Will Visit with RB LeGarrette Blount

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by mnagy, Mar 21, 2014.

1. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

After spending the last eight seasons catching passes from all-pro Drew Brees, Lance Moore will get the opportunity to work with two-time Super Bowl champ Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The former New Orleans Saints receiver agreed to a two-year deal with the Steelers. The financial terms were not disclosed, but he was signed […]

Read the whole post here.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Meh...no different than Cotchery IMO. I'd trade Cotchery for Moore just based on the fact that Cotchery has been pretty much non-existent in his time with the Steelers...except for a few games last year where he was productive. I'll take Moore's fresh start/upside over Cotchery for now. I don't get why a bunch of Steelers fans are heart broken that he left...he's less than average.

Still need to find a "starter" to go opposite Brown...

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like the idea of Blount...kinda like it better than MJD...

4. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

Def an upgrade over cotch...better NFL career...has won and is reliable...next target in draft needs to be a big tall WR to go up and get balls esp in red zone... Ben has been asking for this type of WR.

86WARD likes this.
  5. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

[QUOTmid 86WARD, post: 1627891, member: 1533"]I like the idea of Blount...kinda like it better than MJD...[/QUOTE]
    Yeah mjd is more like bell so no change up there...ego could get in the way..blount knows his role on every team he's played for...they need a bruiser who can convert on short yardage and spell bell

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I think the Steeler fans will like Moore. While he is not the player he was he really isn't that bad.

86WARD likes this.
  7. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

Steady is what he is...still has a lot to contribute... will catch the ball.

86WARD likes this.
  8. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

I'm glad he got signed....always was one of my favorite

Buck Fenson and 86WARD like this.
  9. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

That's good to hear...I'm a Pitt grad and remember playing against him in college when he was at Toledo...Always seemed like a good guy and had some monster games

Buck Fenson likes this.
  10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

very underrated receiver. will battle all game. good pick up for Ben.

11. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

I agree fully...