Steelers Sign WR Darrius Heyward-Bey From The Colts...What Does This Mean?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by mnagy, Apr 2, 2014.

1. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

The Steelers signed free agent wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey to a one-year contract. The Steelers are adding a guy with a ton of potential and 4.2-4.3 speed. Given a chance to revitalize and resurrect his career with a playoff team and a good quarterback, Heyward-Bey was non-existent in the second half of the season with […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

didn't do anything to warrant the high pick Oakland got him with. And I think Indy has a pretty good qb so I feel that argument is not correct. DHB is gonna be a weak point for the Steelers. Luckily it is only a one year deal. Kinda screwed the pooch with that signing.

3. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

I agree...I think he is there just for battles... like a late round pick

4. Buck Fenson

just goes to show that sometimes speed isn't everything.

5. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

We can use some speed on the field. Plus he has to work to make the team.may need to step up

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He certainly didn't warrant the high pick, you're right, but I dont see him as a weak point either. He had a fairly good season last year, definitely provided some value...he's not going to step in and be a #1, but he's not going to be a "weak point" either more than likely. Worst case scenario he doesnt make the team, but he's good enough to warrant a look. He's certainly got all the talent in the world, if the Steelers can make him work it's a steal for them. Either way it's a no-lose proposition, really.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Remember when Raiders fans were happy they went DHB over Crabtree?

8. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

Well said walnuts...this move will make Wheaton and moye work harder as well as dBh...three times a charm?

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Probably a team friendly deal...and it's got to be less than $400K...

What the Steelers got is a Mike Wallace fast guy with worse hands...

10. Buck Fenson

maybe a weak point is too strong. If they was looking for a solid receiver then Bey Bey is not the answer. I like the analogy of Wallace with worse hands. Dude is just fast, that is all.

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

[​IMG]

Buck Fenson likes this.