Steve Nash To Lakers In Sign And Trade Deal

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Mike, Jul 4, 2012.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

For the most part, yes. Gasol and Kobe are in their 30s, but Bynum is only 24. Nash doesn't make them any younger.

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Couldn't have said it better. And the reason when I think of the Lakers now it's Bryant, Gasol and Nash. The Lakers do have the head-case market cornered with Bynum and Artest.

3. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

The Lakers are looking for "win now". So, obviously the age isn't what they're looking at. They obviously want to get Bryant another ring, because he is aging and the injuries are taking a toll on him. Yes, People keep saying that if Bynum matures, he can be great..for awhile now. He's also still young, so giving up on him right now isn't the smart thing to do, either.

4. markaz

I'm not giving up on him, I just don't like what I've seen. I guess the comparison could be made to Ewing when he was early in his career, but holy crap...this will be Bynum's 8th season in the NBA.

5. Chipper10

Without a doubt he should be matured by now. But, some people take longer .And he may never, which would be a waste of his talent. Though, he was hurt a bit early on, as well.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

as much as i would like steve to win a title i think if they went up against lebron bosh and wade they would still get crushed like the thunder did

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Bynum is more bust than boom

everyone knows it

8. Chipper10

Obviously, the only way its all settled is on the court. That's still a little ways off. Even further if you wait for playoffs to watch. Teams can have all the potential and talent in the world, but without execution, none of it matters.

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Do they still have the budget to add Dwight (It's All About Me) Howard? I think he still wants to go there.

10. Chipper10

I thought Howard wanted to go to the Nets, not the Lakers now. Though, I am sure if the Lakers came calling, he'd take the chance. He, Nash and Bryant would definitely be a championship formula with Gasol.

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i recall a few years ago when the lakers loaded up with talent and still lost int he championship game

12. Chipper10

The Heat had all the talent last year, still lost. But turn around and dominate this year. Talent needs execution to be seen and to work.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Howard wants Nets or bust. The Lakers could trade for him for a year and then possibly lose him with no compensation next season...but he's said that he only wants to play with the Nets...but $$$$$$ has changed a lot of people's minds...

14. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Lakers don't move well without the ball & are they going to be smart enough to keep the lane clear for Nash's forays"

If PJ was still coaching & using the triangle, I'd be a lot more impressed.

15. markaz

Great point. Mike Brown will be gone by the All-Star break if expectations aren't met.