Super Bowl tickets continue to plummet

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sportsguy, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Two hungry fan bases and the wealth of the New York metropolitan area had some guessing that Super Bowl XLVIIII would turn out to be most expensive ticket in Super Bowl history.

But, judging from the reaction of the resale ticket market over the last 24 hours, it could turn out to be one of the cheapest.

On Friday, nine days before the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks meet, the cheapest ticket to buy for the Super Bowl was $1,779 on NFL Ticket Exchange, the league's official resale site. That's $409 cheaper than it was on the site with this many days left last year and $809 cheaper than the year before.

Since the conference championship games ended, ticket prices have steadily plummeted. The get-in price on the NFL Ticket Exchange was $2,700 on Monday.

A sign of concern for brokers?

Source: ESPN

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

No one wants to sit in the cold. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't want to go even if I could get a ticket. I don't do cold weather.

Aussie61 likes this.
  3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree Steve. If i ever get to a SB, it will be Miami, San Diego, Phoenix, or New Orleans because I will want to do all of the pre-game outdoor activities during the week without freezing my ballz off.

Aussie61 likes this.
  4. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I concur with Captain & Steve.
    As I stated in an earlier thread,it's easy for some moron NFL exec to talk up the game when he'll be sitting inside with his Caviar.If they think it's going to be so much fun for the fans,then lets see Goodell and his cohorts sitting in the snow.