Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers Vs Baltimore Ravens (Sunday, Feb. 3rd, 2013)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

?

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLVII?

1. San Francisco 49ers

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Baltimore Ravens

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Like I posted earlier, I'm MUCH more excited about the ads than about the game itself.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Dude, what kind of football fan prefers ads over the game???? The ads are for housewives who only watch one game a year.

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Your rebutle [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION]

4. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

the last 2 playoff games were against teams with no defense.

The scenario is a little different now

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

No rebuttal, we all know he's an butthole. But much like niner fans, we tend to overlook buttholes who bring our teams success. So I like BB alot and I hope he sticks around for a long time.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Not really, Ravens defense isn't anything special anymore.

7. ragman

The Cowboys scored 29 points on them, and almost beat them. What does that tell you?

8. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

That they're not that special anymore?

9. DawkinsINT

How many points did the NFL's #1 scoring offense get against them at home? They aren't exactly dogcrap.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Nah they aren't awful by any means, but when you think about Baltimore you think about that vaunted defense, and that's just not the case anymore.

11. ragman

I think the problem is just age. Pure and simple.

12. DawkinsINT

Wouldn't that mean they should be tired and taken advantage of in the 2nd half on the road in the playoffs?

13. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I chose the Ravens in the poll. If they play like they did yesterday they'll keep the Niners from scoring too many points and if Flacco hooks up with his targets the Ravens will score a lot. Then again the Niners could completely steamroll the Ravens. In any case I don't have a dog in this fight so I'll just be drinking beer and eating hamburgers during the game..

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

is that kate beckinsale in your new avatar?

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

The ravens' defense may not be ranked in the top 5 bit they match up well against the the type of offense the niners run. Makes for a great game imo.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Ravens D shut down the pats D down in the 2nd half,and the pats got a really good offense,so regardless of what the idds are,i think the ravens will win,especially if they play like they did sunday.and just as a fun fact,ray lewis first ever nfl sack came against jim harbaugh who became his team mate a few seasons later.

17. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I honestly and truthfully have no interest in the game and will be watching solely for the purpose of the commercials. :)

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well the Niners shut the Falcons down in the second half as well and the Falcons "got" a really good offense as well, so regardless of what the odds are, I think the 49ers will win, especially if they play like they did Sunday. See how that works?

19. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Yep

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Okay I can play that game too.

The 49ers just beat 2 of the best qb's in the league. Green Bay scored 31 points but one TD was on an INT return and another was a late 4th Q garbage time score when they were up by 21 points and just playing out the clock. They shut out the offensive-minded Falcons in the second half and only allowed one TD in the final 3 quarters.

I dont know where you pull this crap about Kaepernick out of but its getting ridiculous. Can only do what he's told? That couldnt be any less true. Doesn't have a real connection to his receivers? Do you watch the games? Have you actually read anything his receivers have said about him? Outside of Vernon (who coincedentally just had a huge game), all they do is gush about him. Crabtree has finally made the jump to the top tier since Kaepernick has taken over. Gore is more productive than he's ever been on a per-touch basis. #1 YPG and scoring offense in the playoffs. You've been harping on his inexperience since before the playoffs and all he's done is repeatedly crap all over your opinion and the "experienced" opposition. Down 3 scores down on the road in the conference championship? 99% of the vets in this league would shrivel up and melt under that kind of pressure. Give the freaking kid some credit.

Oh and the Ravens defense is not that good as people are making them out to be, plain and simple. They weren't very good in the regular season, and they havent been that good in the playoffs. One decent half of football last week doesnt change that fact. They are old and slow and are probably going to have a lot of trouble with the pistol read option looks, which could put them in a bad place very fast.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013