Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers Vs Baltimore Ravens (Sunday, Feb. 3rd, 2013)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

?

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLVII?

1. San Francisco 49ers

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Baltimore Ravens

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

he got fined for his sock hight

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I saw that, guess the NFL front office needed to fine somebody for something so they picked him.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

9ers...

Resilient, adjusts to the moment at hand, & Colin's too young & inexperienced to know he's not supposed to be able to do this... :icon_smile:

4. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Early thoughts...

Offense-We'll have to stay patient, continue to run the ball, be ok with the 2 to 3 yard gains that will come but know when it's time to go let Joe win it. Have to keep our formations multiple, unlike the Pats D the Niners are too good on defense to let them get a beat on what your doing. Im also not opposed to sneaking Tyrod in a play or 2 to try to steal a big play. I think Patience will be the biggest thing and Caldwell has shown that quality

Defense-Thank god we dont have to play another team like the Pats that play at that pace! lol. This will enable us to get our subs in when we want to. We have to follow the lead of the Seahawks and Falcons and protect the edges. I think that's right in our wheelhouse with Suggs, Upshaw, McClellan. What we cant do is be so fear ful of him running that we allow play action stuff to the flats or let the option freeze the middle of the field. I think we will play with the safeties further up then the last two teams that played them and i know we will show alot more looks. I also think we should implore more a healthy dose of bump and run to try to disrupt time in their short and intermediate pass game. Lastly, we need to do what we've done against every good in-line TE the last year or so...BRACKET COVERAGE! lol. Vernon Davis can wreak a gameplan going down the seem, gotta know where he is at all times and adjust accordingly.

Early prediction: Ravens 23 Niners 20

5. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

*cough* Hosteltler

6. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I think my votes probably obvious, but here it is anyway:

[​IMG]

7. ram29jackson

:icon_redface:
    . Hostetler had been in the league longer and played in many more games then Kaepernick.

I explained that its not something that applies to every Super Bowl.

It applies to the current one only.

that tattoo looks painful

8. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Want bad at all actually. Hosteler only had something like 2 or 3 starts

9. ram29jackson

thats really a picture of a current tattoo by/for you ?

you just got it ?

10. ram29jackson

LOL ok, true, but he was 28 and had many more hours of practice before his time came. I'm just having fun with the back and forth but again, I never meant it to be an over all comparison of QB age/ experience in relation to wins.

In this game alone you have what is for all intents and purposes an inexperienced rookie and the media cant let you think that SF is the underdog. They have to pump the game for everyone.

heres a quote from a fan that makes sense.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

11. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I think that's pretty accurate. His passing ability is not as bad as his decsion making, but that's getting much better. Also, 57% completion is one thing, but it's a high average per attempt so the ball is still moving. The real problem is I think Alex's high completion % and ability to sustain drives really helped this D more than people think, and that hasn't been the case with Kaep.

12. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

that also isnt taking into account so many drop balls over the weeks kaep been playing.

kaep would easily be around 64 %

13. dad2paisley

dad2paisley Special Teamer

Should be a good game. Ravens win by 3.

14. ram29jackson

yes,it does take it into account because they were actually dropped.

so basically...if he doesnt throw any passes, he is the greatest QB of all time :icon_cheesygrin:

15. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

[MENTION=3715]ram29jackson[/MENTION] ! you think because you are older, that makes you the best at what you do. but let [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION] tell you something there brother. you aint no mike mayock. and you dont got what it takes to step up against a 5 time champion.

you see ram29jackson. you sit there and type about how experience is so important. taking more snaps nut that doesnt mean a damn thing to this man. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhCysztO8lA]Colin Kaepernick 78 yard TD run against the Minnesota Vikings 08-10-12 - YouTube[/ame]

his name is kaep and it rhymes with trap and your going to be feeling his slap.

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Quoted because I wanted to make sure this really was said.

17. ram29jackson

it doesnt mean anything to him because he doesnt have any experience :icon_cheesygrin: see how that works ?

You might need a little work on the slogan rhyming :icon_cheesygrin: its not quite right yet.

18. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

Well I would at least hope he doesnt talk like him.... "Christh Cook in pursthuit"

:icon_smile:

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I don't care how he talks, Mike Mayock is DA MAN!!!! I'd love to sit with him and pick his brain because he's so knowledgeable. He's a great game and draft analyst IMO...

20. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhSnv4cNLr0]Mike Mayock talks QB's at the 2013 Senior Bowl - YouTube[/ame]

I'll take Mayock over Kiper any day of the week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013