Suspended RB Brandon Jacobs Still Rooting For 49ers

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Brandon Jacobs was suspended by the 49ers last month for conduct detrimental to the team after griping on Twitter and Instagram about his lack of playing time this season, the Niners then cut Jacobs once the postseason began.

By league rules, he remains on waivers through the rest of the playoffs, which means he can only watch his former teammates take on the Baltimore Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII.

Mike Garafolo of USA Today reports despite the situation, and the fact Jacobs missed the chance to play the NFL's biggest game in New Orleans, he's still pulling for San Francisco.

"My emotions are I want the 49ers to win the game," Jacobs said. "I don't have any regrets about not being there whatsoever. I don't feel like I should've done things differently. I don't feel anything else. I'm a hundred percent happy where I am."

What Jacobs did was post a series of pictures of his time with the New York Giants – seven seasons in which he won two Super Bowls before being cut this past off-season – along with comments such as "I am on this team rotting away so why would I wanna put any pics up of anything that say niners. This is by far the worst year I ever had, I'll tell you like I told plenty others. I don't understand why people are angry at me because I wanna do what I am paid to do."

Jacobs, who claims he was promised a dozen carries per game but would've been content with fewer than half of that figure, believes publicly stating he wanted to play and contribute was not a reason to be suspended, hence the lack of an apology or admission he did anything wrong.

"Conduct detrimental to the team, to me, is bashing the team, getting in trouble, distracting the team, whatever. However, I don't think it was that bad," he said. "It came across being disrespectful or whatever it was. I didn't mean to disrespect anybody or hurt anybody's feelings. I didn't have any disrespect. I didn't mean to do any of that. I was told I would get some of the pie and I didn't. That kind of made me a little upset and made me snap."

"I feel like I've got a lot left in the tank, I feel so good right now. I look at last year like a red-shirt year," he said. "I was able to get healthy and watch the team practice, play, get my knee healthy and just chill out. I'm happy about that. I didn't get beat up this year, which teams can look at as a plus or minus.

"I'm just at the time of my career now where football will be what it was in college. It's not about money. Football is fun. I don't have big-time contract numbers. None of that. It's just about the team. If teams want somebody to go out there and give it their all and play their heart out and help people around them, I'm your guy."

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Niners are lucky they aren't playing the Patriots. Belichick would've snatched this mother hecker up Sunday Night...lol.