TE Tony Gonzalez Isn't Mulling A Trade From The Falcons

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by DaBears22, Oct 17, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

We already got into all the reasons why we think it makes sense for the Atlanta Falcons to trade Tony Gonzalez.

Still, don't expect the tight end to be moved before the Oct. 29 trade deadline.

"I don't have any regrets. I am still as happy as I can be to be a Falcon," Gonzalez said, via the team's official website. "I know there was trade rumors out there. I didn't ask for a trade. That wasn't me. I signed up and this is the team. I came back to play with these guys on the team and I'm enjoying myself win, lose or draw.

"Obviously, I'd rather win," Gonzalez continued. "That makes it a lot more fun, but there is no way I would even think about jumping ship. I love playing for this team. I love playing for this city. Like I said, we still got a chance, too. If I start thinking like that, I think we wouldn't have a chance and I'm not there yet. Not even close."

Source: NFL.com

DaBears22's Take: The season could soon be over for Atlanta if they don't start turning things around. It's good to see Tony G committed to the team but obviously with things not going as planned no one would blame him if he demanded a trade. They might have a hard enough time catching the Panthers let alone the Saints, who are at 5-1 right now.

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Come on, Atlanta. You sold him a bill of goods to return for another season. He wants to win in his final hoorah, KC needs a TE and ATL could use the picks in the future. Now do it!! Everybody would be a winner.

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Tony G sounds like he really wants to go down with the ship, but ATL would be wise to get something for him while they can

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I dunno. Sound more like Tony being Tony. Never in his career has he thrown anyone under the bus, but he's got to be burning inside from the full court press the Falcons made to resign him as a vital piece in a Superbowl run. From the day they resigned him the Falcon extended Matty Ice to over $20 million a year, they also let leading sacker John Abraham walk, leading rusher Michael Turner is gone and starting secondary back Dunta Robinson is gone. Now if I'm looking at that because they were casualties of the cap space concerns because of the mega-deal that Ryan signed...meh.
    I just gotta believe that that first contender that smiles at Gonzalez and he's going to the FO and wanting out. The SS Falcons has set sail and headed to the bottom of the ocean

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i don't know if gonzalez would be interested in 'starting over'. i think he would just retire if the falcons tried to trade him.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wonder how he would "feel" if the other team were the Chiefs...

Gonzalez isn't one to make waves so of course he's gonna say he wants to stay on Atlanta.

7. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Great points made here. The Falcons probably don't want to admit the ship is sinking by trading him either lol

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Supposedly, Tony is now saying he would not be opposed to a trade