Texans RB Ben Tate, LB Darryl Sharpton Close To Returning

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SRW, Nov 15, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Running back Ben Tate returned to practice Wednesday to see how his injured hamstring is progressing, but it was too tender for him to work again Thursday. Still, he insisted, “it wasn’t a setback†and his playing Sunday against the Jaguars remains “a possibilityâ€.

“I’ve been working, working, working,†Tate said. “I’ve worked so hard . . . Yesterday I just wanted to test it and see where we were at. It was sore. But it wasn’t a setback. It’s tough to tell (if he’ll play this weekend.) I want to feel 100 percent when I get out there.â€

Tate was injured making a cut on his final carry of the Baltimore game before the Texans’ week off.

Inside linebacker Darryl Sharpton continues to look good in practice. He’s not showing signs of the quad/knee/hip injuries that have kept him out for almost a year.

“He’s doing really well,†Kubiak said. “I think there’s a decision we could be making at the end of the week. We still have another week if we don’t want to do it.

“We have put him in some pads at times so that he’s getting some work without beating up some of these guys that have played 600 to 700 snaps. I think we’re close.â€

Source: Houston Chronicle