Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel to speak to family before deciding on NFL draft

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel told ESPN on Monday afternoon he is still undecided whether to return next season or declare for the NFL draft.

Manziel said he wants to meet with his family in the coming days before making a decision on his future.

Manziel was attending Monday's VIZIO BCS National Championship between Florida State and Auburn.

"I want to make the right decision that's best for me and my family," Manziel said.

Manziel has two years of eligibility remaining at A&M, but most draft analysts consider him to be a potential first-round pick if he decides to turn professional.

In his mock draft, ESPN's Todd McShay rated Manziel as the fourth overall pick, but the third quarterback after Teddy Bridgewater and Blake Bortles.

Manziel is rated as the No. 14 player on Mel Kiper Jr.'s Big Board, and Scouts Inc. ranks him as the 22nd-best player.

Source: Continue Reading

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The word is he's supposed to declare what he's supposed to do today. However, a final decision is not required until January 15th. I heard this morning that he's already picked out an agent and a marketing group.

3. ragman

He's headed to the NFL, according to ESPN.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

who knows? the texans may pick him at number 1 !

5. ragman

Either the agent company or the marketing group representing him is from Houston.

6. ragman

According to ESPN, he's picked Select Sports Group of Houston to represent him. He will go with LRMR, the firm run by NBA star LeBron James' business partner Maverick Carter, to do his marketing.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Hes smart. May be #2 QB this year, next year has practicaly no chance of being rated above Hundley or Moriata

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

If the texans take him,he'll start in week 1 cause he is their best options over the other two qbs on their roster.

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I meant #2 rated QB

And no way he goes ahead of Bridgewater

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

11. ragman

Random thoughts:

1. I'd like to see if he can take a year of NFL punishment.

2. At the combine, I'd like to see if the passes he throws flutter.

3. Does he have the mental makeup to be the face of an NFL franchise?

4. Hope Jerry doesn't take him. The Cowboys need defense, IMHO.

5. Whatever team takes him, there's gonna be a circus.

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Since the G Men arent in need of a QB despite Eli's awful season I would love to see him play for a ny team