Texas FS Kenny Vaccaro's Slow 40-Time Unlikely To Hurt Draft Stock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

IDK, guards don't usually go top 15, and a lot of obstacles to drafting him fell with teams ahead of us signing OGs

Sent from my HTC Vivid

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

David Moore of the DMN disagrees. In his column today, he said, "Monte Kiffin's system accentuates range and speed."

3. ragman

BTW, Vaccaro was supposed to be at Valley Ranch today for a private workout.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Truthfully I trust Jihads assessment more the talking heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

5. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

i hate phones

6. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Don't remember lynch being that fast

7. ragman

And, I trust "the talking heads" more because they are at Valley Ranch and they are privy to information that I don't have.

8. Jihad Joe

Your talking about front 7 players. Pure speed isn't the important for a Cover 2 Safety

Sent from my HTC Vivid

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

imho opinion talking heads are full of crap

how many times have they dibbed a pleayer the next great thing only to see him fall flat on his face and miss out on players like Warner and Brady.

hell even Emmitt smith wasnt Fast enough right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. Jihad Joe

Neither was Jerry Rice

And the Colts made a huge mistake drafting Manning over Leaf because Leaf has one of the strongest arms in league history, and Mannings is only average....My all time fave

A good analyst is right maybe half the time

Sent from my HTC Vivid

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Its not vaccaros speed that is worrisome, its his average impact for a future first round pick. He isnt as good of a prospect as Huff, Earl <3, and Griffin were, but imo his absolute ceiling is Eric Weddle or Kenny Phillips, which isnt bad, but i think a guy like Elam or Amerson is gonna be better than that.

Im slightly souring on longhorns lately though, i think the best texa player this year is okafor. Vaccaro drawing comparisons to Barron is just pure laziness

12. Jihad Joe

I think he is Griffin level. Top of tier 2 guy

There is a lot of him at 18 for us, and seems the favorite if Warmack ( who is the overall favorite) isn't there. My thoughts on that is while I would prefer Cooper, I wouldn't have any problem with a Vaccaro pick IF Warmack is gone

Sent from my HTC Vivid

13. K Train

well huff just signed with the ravens...for pennies, he might as well play for free

14. Jihad Joe

Didnt really want him anyways. Don't want Will Allen either but I'm stuck with him lok

Sent from my HTC Vivid

15. K Train

sometimes i forget theres cowboy fans out there that dont salivate over former longhorns lol

i wanted huff, hes a great fit. freaking ravens landing doom and huff pisses me off

16. Jihad Joe

Back when he's was an FA I wanted him, but we are Cover 2 now, and Huff makes no sense

I have a feeling if we don't draft someone, Matt Johnson beats out Will Allen

Sent from my HTC Vivid